To My Mister

Dear Mr. Man.

It's 6:44pm on January 12th. And, maybe because of the date, I've been thinking about you ALL day.

You're a little chubbier than you were when we got married - you really should figure out some time to work on that. Not just for looks but for your HEALTH. ;)

You've lost some of your hair. Actually, a good amount.


I think it's possible you're a bigger nerd now than you were when we got married.


You work too far away from where we live and I never get to see you.

You're a bit on the awkward side of social settings.


You're a horrible dresser on your own, and you never wear any cologne for me.

You are...so many things.

You work too far away so I feel like I never see you so you can work hard and provide for Little Miss and I while I finish school. You work hard to do an increasingly good job at it, too.

You always drive, even though you wish I would sometimes, and even though I'm a horrible control-freak back-seat driver, because I'm used to it that way.


You play with our kid. And read her stories. And teach her things. And you're such a softie! I'll never know why she cries for me when she's so very much got you wrapped around her little fingers. If I'm tired you take her over for me no matter if you're just as or more tired.



You're hilarious. Even when you think you're funny and you're not funny...that's hilarious.


You make me laugh. And roll my eyes, but the laughing is the best.

You let me be me. I think this is the biggest and best thing anyone has ever done for me. I don't have to pretend ANYTHING with you. I don't have to put on a certain face or look a certain way, say the right thing or keep the house just so. You let me just be me and for goodness only knows what reason you seem to actually love me for it.



You're a trooper. You let me be me and you follow along for the ride. I've gotten you into more shenanigans in our time together than I'll bet you'd ever imagined.


You're absolutely adorable.


You're gorgeous. I canNOT get enough of that smile. Never will. And while you may not cackle in tandem like a witch like I LOVE it when you really laugh. Your laugh to me means you're comfortable and relaxed and THAT is what I live for. (Well, Little Miss now, too.)



I have to get Little Miss bathed and in her pyjamas so she's ready for bed ASAP once you get home and we can have your cake, but I wanted you to know just how very very very very much I love you. You are nothing I ever thought I'd end up with and everything I need. You are perfect for me.

Happy Birthday, my Mister!
Muah

3 comments:

stephs.unforgettable.moments said...

Awww red.
I love this post more then anything I have read in ages. I do indeed wish your Man a happy birthday as well so be sure to tell him. This post made me feel so warm inside and only gives me hope that, that someone is out there...somewhere haha. The inspiration continitues Red

MrsSuzyQ said...

Oh get a room. HAHAHA

Red said...

BAhahahaha! TOO funny!!

Steph, there IS hope you goof. ;)