Hmmm...



So. It's been...forever. sigh I did start a post a while ago about this awesome workout the Jedi dragged me into...but I never finished it. hahaha Feels the the current story of my life... ;)

Anyway, as I've been on hiatus I've been sort of contemplating my blog in my arguably narcissistic world here (I stick my tongue out at you, Heather!)and wondered where it should take me. I started the thing initially to guilt myself back into my regular exercise-filled pre-mommyhood life - posting your daily I-did-or-didn't-exercise online for goodness only knows WHO to look at was enough incentive to keep me moving. I had all sorts of people I never imagined commenting to me in person about what they'd read about my latest workouts - YIKES! People READ me?! I mean with my whopping 14 followers and regular zero to one comments I'm STILL shocked to know people read me!

But that's good. I mean, the past couple of weeks with Christmas and vacation time I will DEFINITELY admit that exercising has gone by the wayside - I got lots of running in when we were at my parents because of the plethora of adult eyes and hands to watch and take care of the Little Miss while I pound it out on the treadmill, but being home this week without our regular school-time, work-time, normal-time routine it just hasn't happened. And you know what, I'm okay with that. I'll be back on the ball in a week or two when we adjust to the new semester's schedule. We're good. I'm finally back to the point where I recognize my NEED to exercise, and how much better I actually feel physically and mentally when I'm moving.

So, mission accomplished. Huzzah, and thank-you blogging world.

ALSO, I don't know if you remember my dream of fitting a Gap size 8. I honestly didn't think it was possible for me. I remember being in Eddie Bauer in middle school and practically leaping through the ceiling with joy when I did up a pair of size 10 jeans. GAP 8...there's no way!! Especially after having a baby. My body's just built too big - I mean have you SEEN these legs? SOLID, HUGE, ROCK (...oh, except those squishy parts...right...) Well, in the summer I was shopping with my mom and I figured, gosh, you know what? I've been working pretty dang hard. I think it's time to try on an 8 and see what happens. We weren't in the Gap. EVERYTHING FIT. The 10s were too big! TOO BIG!

I didn't try a GAP 8 until Boxing Day. Seriously almost 6 months later. I almost died in the changeroom when I pulled up the jeans and they a) fit and b)looked GOOD! Then I tried on the 10...the 8 looked BETTER! So I am OFFICIALLY and for the first time, like, EVER, in the single digits at the Gap. HELLO world!! No muffin top or anything! Well...maybe NOW 'cause I'm still on holiday... ;)

(See? I told you I'd been thinking for a long time about what to write about....)

So yeah. The blog has served it's purpose. For me, at least. It's original purpose has currently been SURPASSED - I never in a million years thought I'd lose enough 'baby' weight to be smaller than when I got pregnant.

But I've missed blogging. And you know, sometimes it just IS a great outlet! Though, as I've ended up not being very anonymous I find I have to edit a lot of what I would like to say, which is frustrating as all get out at the time.

So here's what I'm thinking, for now. Maybe we can test it out as the new improved Confessions of 2010? BUT, I'd LIKE to kind of change up the general 'subject' of the blog, which I kind of did unofficially a while ago ANYway, from all exercise-based to...whatever the heck I want! BUT I still think I should at least let you know what activities I'm up to and if I stumble across something cool I'll for sure keep posting that stuff. I dunno. I'm a work in progress - my blog is too! ;)

Here's to a great 2010. Mine's already shaping up pretty well:
- a light semester with only 2 courses + 1 independent study (on eating disorders! I'm so excited!)
- GRADUATION in the spring
- awesome progress with our latest networking venture
- summer trip to DC with friends for a scrapbooking convention
- Little Miss is THIS CLOSE to being fully and totally potty trained
- tickets to Stage West for my Mr. Man and I including BABYSITTING for the Little Miss! (Thanks, Mom and Dad!)

Looking forward to it. 2010? Bring. It. On.

0 comments: