Gap 10

Sooo I didn't get too much when we were shopping - we had the entire family along with us and apparently the jelly doughnut is shrinking so quickly (YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY) that Mom suggested it sort of silly to buy me a whole bunch of new things while I'm in transition-mode. And I whole-heartedly agree. I found some things I would really really love to own but on the off chance that I really AM shrinking I couldn't justify spending good money on them, hoping they would be too big in a few months or even next year. (Ask Mr. Man and/or Mom - when I get an article of clothing I keep it FOREVER. I'm pretty good at resurrecting clothes from high school....)

BUT I did acquire a few new things so I at least feel like I can get dressed in the mornings - one pair of jeans and three tops, so now I have two pairs of jeans that actually fit me "properly" as opposed to when I wear Mr. Man's (which I LOVE to do). And let me tell you how AWESOME it was to buy my one new pair of jeans:

We were in the Gap, which apparently, while I was pregnant, changed its whole style. WEIRD, but okay. So I'm looking at jeans, kinda' laughing internally like, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, but I found a pair that I liked and figured, oh, what the heck. I grabbed a size ten knowing full well it would be too small and I wouldn't be able to cram my thunder-thighs through the legs and headed off to the fitting room. I stripped off my one pair of jeans that I LOVE and reached down to my feet with the too-small pair. And pulled one leg over my foot and up my leg, waiting for the moment when the pant-leg would get too snug and I wouldn't be able to get my hands up any further.....

IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!! I pulled on BOTH legs without ANY trouble, stood up, DID the jeans up, and stared open-mouthed into the mirror. THEY FIT!!!!

So, I know I know, size 10 isn't really anything to get TOO excited about. It's a double-digited number, still. But it's at LEAST a size smaller than I think I've ever been at the Gap, and it's a GAP size 10! It's not old-frumpy-ladies-r-us size 10, but GAP size 10.

So we bought the pants. Which turn out to be actually BAGGY in my legs, and leave a little room around the "waist".

Maybe this dream of 8 is attainable after all, even post-Little-Miss.....

YESTERDAY:
Ran 5K at school. I THINK it only took me 30 minutes - I forgot my watch and so was relying on the wall-clocks which sadly are not close enough to the track for me to be definitively sure, but I THINK it was only 30 minutes. I'm totally open to the fact that it may have been a minute or two (or three) longer because I am NOT a fast runner (ask Mi), but I'm hoping that with the exhaustion I was feeling and the fact that I've been running for a few weeks now that I've managed to shave that extra two or three minutes off my time and it really was only half an hour.

TODAY:
Nothing yet, but I have a date for a butt-kicking on the track this afternoon with Mi for another 5K. And if I'm really lucky I'll find some time after classes tonight to squeeze in a much-needed yogilates session, but it might not happen. Will report on that later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have signed up and paid for my first 5km run this saturday! Thank you for forcing me to train red!

Anonymous said...

Size 10 is AWESOME!!! You're so inspiring Red!

Anonymous said...

yay! Good job! Nothing better than trying on pants that fit :)