The Food Fight

I think people think I'm kidding when I say that I'm a food addict. I don't know if 'addict' is really the right word, but I'm SERIOUS!! Food is so much more than just fuel to me, but I'm not even aware of it when it's sliding down my gullet.

I told Mom the other day that I think I'm addicted to food, and instead of laughing and saying 'aren't we all!' which has been the usual/typical response (not a bad thing, people - I appreciate the comments and feedback!!) she looked at me, thoughtfully, and asked 'what makes you say that?' She took me SERIOUSLY! THEN I explained why I think I have a 'problem' and she AGREED, more or less. You should ask her - I can pack away ridiculously enormous amounts of food. I eat and eat and eat and eat - when dinner's over and everyone's still loitering but FINISHED eating I go back 2, 3, 10 more times. I eat three-meals'-worth in one sitting and then eat half a litre of ice cream. I get 'hungry' right before bed and satiate it with a burger or an ice cream sundae, or a Mr. Noodle with an egg... When I bake cookies I eat half the dough before I bake it and then, sparing three or four cookies for Mr. Man and Little Miss to share, I eat the whole batch in a day or two.

It's disgusting.

So when I said before that I'm a food addict and I'm going to try to work on that, I was being dead serious, and not flip at all. I know it's hard to imagine me without the flip side ;) BUT there it is.

SINCE declaring my new I'm-in-control-of-the-food-it-is-not-in-control-of-me plan last week I've run into a few hiccups, but generally I've done fantastically.

I published the plan on Wednesday, which was followed by a busy busy Thursday and I literally didn't have a chance to eat dinner 'till much after the usual time, and so I ate much later than 7:00. WHICH is really fine, 'cause it wasn't an additional meal. Then FRIDAY was just a WEIRD day, absolutely insane, which resulted in the beginning of dinner-eating around 8:30, I think it was. Anyway, we were at my parents and we ate in shifts (yeah, WEIRD day) and when the last shift was eating (Mom) I went to visit, and popped some food in my mouth. WHICH is against the plan/rules. I didn't realize what I'd done until the second handful was heading to my mouth, but then I remembered and put it down. SO, not TOO bad.

Then I didn't eat any sugar/dessert type things on Saturday, freeing me to bump the freebie day to Sunday and my mother-in-law's birthday, where I had only ONE helping of cake and ice cream, though I desperately wanted a second...and probably a third.

So that's that for now. Mi and I did a spin class last week, I played soccer - it wasn't the most active week I've ever had but it'll do. Homework etc. is really coming down hard on us right now, but I'm trying to stay on top of things all around so that I can get everything done without killing myself. Today between classes I'm (writing this post) doing homework and then going for a much-needed run later, so there you go.

That is all, for now, but I thought you should know how the food thing's been going. Insane, but it's going. ;) Thanks for the support and well-wishes! :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you.
For everything.
Especially your balancing act.
Mi

stephs.unforgettable.moments said...

Never knew the exteme you had with food. I deifntly enjoyed this post red. I am defintly proud with the success you have made so far. Congrats, and keep going!
* it will get easier, haha after the hicups hehe.

Emily said...

i know what you mean about the food obsession. i got the same mindset and i blame it on my italian heritage. but good for you taking control of it and working out. keep up the great work! :]

Red said...

Thanks, all!! Appreciate it. Having people check up on me keeps me feeling accountable and the CAKE from being my lunch. *sigh*

It looked so yummy!! hahaha