The first illness of the schoolyear and...lots of other stuff!

So I got sick. It's actually been a good while, hasn't it?? I mean, I've had under-the-weather days, of course, but relative to my usual sick-for-two-weeks-every-five-or-six-weeks it has been FOREVER since I had a cold!!

Until now, of course.

My throat was giving signs of not-feeling-goodness last Wednesday night, but nothing too concerning. My darling mother gave me some Oil of Oreganol to choke back when I feel the I'm-getting-sick tickle (it is HORRID HORRID HORRID stuff - UGH! BUT the latest scientific data presented by my mom - so-and-so said to take this - suggests it is THE latest anti-cold miracle non-drug.....hahaha I take the relatively harmless ones JUST IN CASE one of these days so-and-so gets it right!) and at the first onset of throat-tickle I DIDN'T TAKE IT!!! THAT was my problem. Thursday morning I woke up with definite throat's-off-ed-ness, but nothing too big. I TOOK the Oreganol Oil, went to school went to the gym with the Jedi (ohmigosh - we did lunges, jump-lunges, single-leg knee curls and extensions, more lunges, calf raises, abductors & adductors [top outside and inside of thighs] and THEN he made me JUMP up on this bench repeatedly, after my legs were beyond gelatinous and no longer working I had to JUMP on a weight bench.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrghhhhhh..... Whoa, was that a tangent???) and then.......(remember, we were at school working out with The Jedi)....I DIED. I was done. I felt like DEATH. Friday I was like a walking germ factory. But I TRIED to keep my potentially-H1N1 to myself, soooo here's hoping no one dies because of my I-will-never-cut-class-ed-ness.

Anyway, since then I've been just chillaxin'. Well, doing my homework, writing tests, starting a new business (don't worry - DEFINITELY more on THAT coming!), playing with the kiddo, playing with friends, working my butt off on Christmas cards to sell at an upcoming craft sale (I have 18 done and am hoping for at least 100....hahahaha)...... Yeah, even the sick me is probably a little too busy.

BUT I haven't run - my head's been too fuzzy or achy or swimming-in-gunk, and I only went to the gym with the Jedi once this week.

I ALSO haven't been eating sugar, again. It was delicious and wonderful at my birthday, but we're done again. Sugar and I are breaking up.

Until my MOM'S birthday. ;)

She's supposed to do it with me. We decided that birthdays and things are TOO much fun and we LOVE a REALLY REALLY good birthday cake (none of the homemade kinds - I don't like homemade or box-made cake. But the super-dee-duper amazing bakery cakes that cost too much money and are slathered in sickeningly sweet butter cream icing) with some good vanilla ice cream on the side....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... SO for NOW we're going birthday-to-birthday. My birthday was in September, Mom's is in October. So going about a month sugar-less. Then we'll go from Mom's in October to Bravo's in December - a little MORE than a month... see, we even get to WORK UP our sugar-fast goals as we go! Cool, eh?? Anyway, that's enough of that. I broke up with sugar. We just acknowledge that we may (will) occasionally hook up for some serious NCMO in the future. But our dependent relationship is FINISHED.

The OTHER thing that's been going on, that I am WAY WAY too excited about, is that Mr. Man and I have gone into business together! Hooray!! Too much fun.

So it's a bit of a long story but a sister-in-law of a good friend contacted me about this new company/product she'd heard about to get my opinion, 'cause apparently I'm a genius or something. hahaha We talked LOTS and did LOTS of research and talked lots and lots to each other (Mr. Man and I) and we FINALLY came to the conclusion to be:

YOLI DISTRIBUTORS!

We are TOO TOO excited about this.

Yoli is a fantastic, in our humble opinion, NEW network-marketing company that we think is going to give QUITE the shake-up to the beverage industry, specifically health/energy beverages. They've developed this great technology, called "blast caps" where all of the ingredients to their delicious juice formulations are FREEZE-DRIED at the peak of ripeness to immediately and indefinitely LOCK IN the nutrients. This process completely eliminates the need for hot-fill/pasteurization (which kills OODLES and OODLES of vitamins and minerals in our regular fruit drinks), chemical preservatives (ever look at exactly what sodium benzoayte actually IS?? Read the WHOLE THING if you click on it...) AND it's TOTALLY natural - no SUGAR (hello, obesity epidemic?), no artificial colours or flavours, LOW glycemic index (diabetes, anyone?)...I could go on and on and on.

AND if you understand at all how network marketing works you know WHAT a fantastic opportunity it is to have a shot at the TOP - Yoli isn't even IN Canada yet and we're already in!! We're SOOOOOOOOO excited. WE are the people telling all the other people about it! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! (If THAT sounds interesting to you, in ANY country, visit our website and let us know!! Or leave me a comment with your e-mail address and we'll send you some info).

Okay, so THAT is what's going on with us lately. I'm sick, but hopefully almost over it, I broke up with sugar (in my drinks, too!) AND I'm in LOVE with YOLI! hahaha

What's new with you??

2 comments:

Shop Girl* said...

Oooh you are a brave woman! I could break up with chocolate, but never sugar. I heart sugar. haha

Red said...

I almost broke yesterday - apple crisp..... I hadn't anticipated apple crisp & ice cream at Thanksgiving when I set my 'rules'....but I MADE it, and I like to think I'm a little thinner already for it. ;) hahaha