I wanna be Batman when I grow up.

(image from: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/rosenwald-md/post/who-is-the-route-29-batman-this-guy/2012/03/28/gIQA8nPjgS_blog.html)
True statement.

Seriously!

Okay, no, you're right. I don't want to be Bruce Wayne, forever psychotically scarred from childhood trauma, raised by my butler, and with nothing to do with my vast fortunes (though I'll take the vast fortunes!) except pretend I'm a superhero and fighting equally-psychotic villains throughout the rough-and-tumble of Gotham City.

I have already admitted I wouldn't be against being unbelievably wealthy (so sue me. And really, can you REALLY say you wouldn't LOVE to take a book out of Scrooge McDuck's book and BE ABLE to swim in your money-pool? Come on!)  But, aside from my wish to someday own a house...at LEAST a wee little bit larger than the wee little bitty shoe-box of a war-home we currently live in (which I love), ...I REALLY want to be Batman.

Or at least, the so-called "Route 29 Batman."

You have GOT to read this article if you haven't already.  My heart sings for this fantastic man and the fabulously silly and ridiculously important work that he is doing.

It makes me wonder, what CAN I do, what AM I doing, and what WILL I do in the future?  In all honestly, I really hope to be at least a fraction as amazing as this and so many other unsung heroes out there, and to make some sort of change for the better for someone.  Isn't that kind of the whole point?

Yes, I really do want to be Batman.  Well, woman, I guess.

0 comments: