I DID it.

I finally ran a full 10 kilometers today.

I gave myself a set of the most wicked blisters I've ever SEEN - I have to find out what I'm not doing right with my poor feet - am I not tying my shoes right? Bad socks? Not enough sock? TOO much sock?

Maybe if I DON'T figure it out I'll just wear my feet down and build up some B-E-A-YOOOtiful calluses so I can run the full distance without limping at the end....

Anyway, I did 10. Took....I think Mi said 1:05:29. WHICH isn't BAD seeing how when I first STARTED running it took me 38 minutes to run 5 sooooo.... I'll take it.

I'm going to have to work to get that time under 1:00, though, eventually - I don't think I can handle running for over an hour all that regularly - it feels like FOREVER!! I've officially decided marathoners are sick-freak masochists... ;)

3 comments:

stephs.unforgettable.moments said...

Red I wont lie to you, that last sentence killed me. I laughed out loud.
- Congrats on the 10km and with the time. yikes, I better improve, before I know it you'll be ahead of me.

As for the blisters, my wicked book says:
Cause:
1. Poor fitting shoes
2. rib or seam in your sock
3. running on a slated or uneven surface that causes the show to rub on the side of the foot

BEST RECOMMENDATION:
- Buy double layered socks. They are amazing.

Red said...

Thanks, Steph, for the blister advice.

It's not the shoes...they fit like they were made for me.

For the rest of the week I'm gonna' try some tape as per Nacho Man's suggestion (via Facebook) - otherwise I'm out of commission for another week while they heal up! GAH! AND I'll have to try these double-layered socks....

JAC Photography said...

I am sooo proud of you!!!! Congrats!! that is so fantastic but at the same time I am feeling very inferior. lol.