I love moleskin

Before I get into today's actual post I just have to acknowledge and THANK everyone for the concern over my poor poor feet and the ginormous blisters I've developed! I had Steph look it up in a book, my mother-in-law find and forward how-to-treat-and-prevent websites (this one, and this one) - ALL of which information I will admit I found helpful. APPARENTLY you get blisters if your shoes are too tight - who knew?! I figured if I was getting blisters it meant my shoes weren't tied tight ENOUGH because there'd be extra room to slide around....yeah, that means after getting the first set of blisters LAST week I've been tying my laces like vice-grips.

"...here's your sign...."

*sigh*

ALSO - I thought if I maybe taped 'em up I'd be able to run some more this week instead of sitting on my tookus (read: butt) waiting for them to get better BUT when I was out erranding with Little Miss yesterday I FORGOT to go to the drugstore! I know, I know. I'm all about winning prizes for schmarts this week. BUT my darling dearest Mr. Man stopped off on his way home from work, talked to the pharmacist, and I've now been introduced to the BEST thing EVER - moleskin!

OH how I love moleskin!! It's just this sticky-soft thing you stick to you - I put it right over my (popped) blisters (it DOES suggest on the packaging you not adhere it directly over top of blisters JUST so you know), put on my socks, and laced my shoes like a NORMAL person instead of akin to a clamp - NO PAIN! I didn't even FEEL my blisters! BOOM BAM baby! Oh, it was great. I mean, as great as running 5K on a treadmill in the school gym can be.... ;) hahaha

I don't know how fast I went, though, 'cause part way through my hand slipped and I hit the 'STOP' button which...yeah. Helps with my whole being SMRT this week. hahaha OH well.

OH, and my leg's been bugging me lately, so I did yogilates last night - how long has THAT been, eh? I do still love it and look forward to making more time for it...later. hahaha After finals, maybe.

I forget if I wanted to write about anything else today - great, eh? GEEZE!! I think the moleskin being amazing was the main thing...and thanks for the concern and help!! :)

Speaking of concern and help - aren't mommies WONDERFUL?? I love mine. :) *sigh*

0 comments: