MapMyRun

Okay, so today I had a date with Mi to run 10K on the treadmills at school, which I will admit is TORTUROUS. I usually prefer running on my treadmill because I have ALL the info right in front of me about distance, time, and SPEED even, which I obviously don't get outside 'cause my little legs here are not equipped with their own speedometer....though that could be cool.... ANYWAY, yeah. I can run forever, relatively speaking, on Optimus Prime while watching a movie or whatever, but at school, staring at nothing....gaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Anyway, not being overly motivated at all today and thinking about running for over an hour staring at the same nothing in front of me wasn't all that appealing I suggested we go outside, which I usually do NOT prefer due to the LACK of the access to the aforementioned data. (That 'sentence' goes on forEVER! Did I lose ya'? muahahaha!) BUT Mi was adamant we get a full 10K in - she is the drill sergeant - soooo we checked out one of Steph's favourite sites: mapmyrun.com

That site prescribed a pretty good run!! NOW as I map it again to try to get it so I can blog it (yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing - the best I came up with is the URL to the route - Steph, HELP!) mapmyrun.com claims it's 'only' 8.89km instead of the purported 10 (which explains the TIME, eh, Mi??) BUT holy COW there's this KILLER hill..... Oy. OY!!

Sooo...we ran outside, added the world's craziest hill for the very END of the run (we started going downhill - school's on top of a mini-mountain for pity's sake) aaaaaand I ran for 55 minutes and change. Yeah, that hill slowed me down a bit. A LOT.

My throat's feeling a wee bit scratchy tonight as I write this, though.... I don't want to get sick AGAIN, but we'll see. Anyway, good day. Need to do yogilates tomorrow and work out the thingie in my left leg which LEFT last week and has now re-shown-up buuuuuut other than that, felt pretty good! Well, other than the whole feeling of death on the way up that hill...

Did I mention how much I love running outside up the world's biggest, longest, most horrid hill??

OH yeah - here's the MAP

5 comments:

stephs.unforgettable.moments said...

I can't contain my laughter. haha.
I'm sorry. But hey, if you want I can show you how to use it. Just name a time, place etc. But congrats on a good run today:). More then i can say haha.

Michelle Schutten said...

ooooh...
makes way more sense... but i'll take almost nine... that hill added the efforts of a tenth!
We'll have a BJ tomorrow... i'll get you one to celebrate the last day of classes.
Mi

Nacho said...

BJ..... hmmm I had to think about that one a little bit...
On another note I read somewhere that in order to properly simulate running outside you should run on at least a 1% incline on the treadmill because you're not actually propelling yourself forward... apparently that makes up for it.

and...

if you use the pseudonym Mi in your blog for someone for the sake of anonymity, why would that same person use their full name to post a comment. It seems a little counterproductive :p

Red said...

Hahahahahahahaha

Duly noted, Nacho Man!! ;)

I'll make sure to point that out to 'Mi' when I talk to her. I didn't even NOTICE before!

Mi said...

Booster juice you creeps!