The Sun is Shining

Little Miss and I went outside this morning and ran around our little smidgen of a backyard - her pants are covered in mud, if you need proof....

It's a GORGEOUS day, and I'm well rested. Today is a better day.

Here, FINALLY are some pictures to prove we were in Ottawa, and moving ;)
My hot vacation-date and I.

Our darling-dearest Ferret-Mama, hostess extraordinaire!

Mr. Man & Little Miss in front of Parliament - we went for typically tourist photos. :)



See? SKATING on the canal - TOO much fun!! I mean, other than the freezing part, doesn't it look like a blast??
Little Miss wasn't overly active, come to think of it....


So I figure it's probalby not that big of a deal NOW because I'm posting them so late, but there it is. I promised, I did it. One thing off the never-ending to-do list.

TODAY I figured I'd better attack this food problem I've decided I have. I just EAT and EAT - it's like I'm compelled to eat by some evil food forces. I don't even know. I just HAVE to eat something. Everything.

I need to do some searching and see if food addiction is a real thing or if I'm just making it up. I mean, I don't eat, I don't think, like some of the morbidly obese people who make it to 'Oprah,' but really, maybe I DO and the difference is the fact that I actually MOVE a bit. A lot.

SO I'm going to try to adhere to a couple of things I used to do back in high school when I was on the wrestling team (surprise!) to make weight for a big competition: I stopped eating 'sugar' except on Saturdays, and stopped eating after 6:30.

I'm a little...hmmmmmm...about this 'cause really the MOST IMPORTANT thing for fat-loss is to make sure calories in are less than calories used - it doesn't MATTER what you eat or when you eat it (even though we go on and on and on and on and ON about what to eat, when to eat, what not to eat - just eat less than you use and you'll lose fat!! PROMISE!) BUT here's why I'm going to try it:

I EAT 'sugar' food in huge huge huge amounts when I eat it. I can eat half a tub of ice cream in a sitting, plus toppings, I pop chocolate chips in my mouth when I walk by them in the kitchen over and over each day - 'sugar' food, i.e. dessert is like, a treat for most people, but I use it as a meal. Even AFTER a meal I'll eat that much. It's gross, actually, the amount I can pack away. SO if I cut it out, except on Saturday 'cause I'm HUMAN and legitimately want it occasionally, I won't eat near as many calories.

CONSIDERATIONS: When you DO this kinda' think and only eat i.e. sugar one day a week you CAN overindulge and your body will hang on to the sugars like no one's business = more fat. I found previously when I did it for an extended period of time, though, that if I tried to eat more than just a 'treat' amount of sugar on Saturday it made me sick to my stomach = less likely to over-eat dessert! HOORAY!

After 6:30 (I may switch this to 7 - let me give it a week, but my school schedule is a bit wacked-out) I eat bad things, and too many of them. I don't need to eat anything after 6:30 if I've had 3+2 meals during the day. It takes a bit of discipline for me for a while to get my belly to recognize it's NOT hungry late at night and I DON'T need uber-buttery popcorn, ice cream, taco-bell.... I don't need it, so why do I EAT it??

I'm going to stop.

I don't think this is too much - I just have to curb my sweet tooth for a few days, and live with the late-night munchies by, gee, going to sleep??

SO - hold me to it. Let's see if I can't get another few inches off this sexy bod of mine and hit Gap 8, eh?? EH?!

3 comments:

Bravo said...

as it's day one of your new goal i think you did pretty good tonight. Keep up the good work!

Shop Girl* said...

Good for you!! Just drink lots in the evening, it'll help urb your hunger!!

Red said...

Thanks, Brav.

I was hungry, but didn't eat anything. :)

And Shop Girl, I drank TONNES last night. hahaha Good idea, though!! Hopefully I have the will power to do it this time.