The Ultimate Motivation

SHOPPING

That's right, ladies! Do I have your attention yet?? hahaha

On Thursday last week after my morning run and post Mr. Man and I had some time to ourselves. We had originally planned to hit a matinee movie buuuuuuuuut turned out the online listing was incorrect and the movie was playing three hours later than we needed it to - boo on that. SO, being at the mall and having TONNES of disposable income (ha ha haaaaaaaaa... OY!) we went SHOPPING!

There are many 'girl' things in life I really really do not enjoy.

I LOVE shopping. I LOVE new things. I LOVE finding a sale. I LOVE how awesome I feel in my brand-new stuff. It's shallow, it's superficial, it's ridiculous, but I LOVE IT.

Mr. Man bought some time for an online game and we wandered. I had hoped to buy a new pair of shoes and/or flip flops for the summer - my nice leather flip flops from a few years back finally died last year leaving me stumped every time I go to leave the house in the nice weather this year - what DO I wear on my feet??? BUT we wandered in and out of shoe stores and I just did NOT find that pair, you know? I found lots of okay pairs, and some I really liked, but we really DON'T have any money so I was being super-dee-duper picky for a change. Kudos to me.

THEN I said, oh heck, let's go to the sport store and just drool over running clothes. I do only have the one pair of super-sexy Saucony capris Mom gave me for Christmas (which I LOVE, by the way, except I'm sure it's cruelty for me to appear outside of the home in them....SORRY all you bystanders! hahaha) and a technical tee I got free for registering early for the 5K run I did last month. Which makes.....ONE complete running 'outfit'. And I'm a sweater. Like, ew. SO by the end of one run I've completely soaked through my gear and that's only one of seven days down in the week.

Good thing I don't try to run every day. ;) HAhaha!! There's a REASON for laziness!!

ANYWAY, fortune of good fortunes, or....not..... we wander into the store, and SURPRISE! There's a SALE!! A SALE!! Oh, did I mention how much I LOVE sales?!?! I LOVE sales!! 25% off short-sleeved and sleeveless athletic shirts and 25% off SHORTS!! I couldn't believe it!!! I mean, 'proper' workout gear is EXPENSIVE, so 25% translates to a good chunk of change!! I wasn't thrilled about the 'shorts' sale, but figured I'd take a peak just in case, but definitely planned to grab another shirt or two.

Holy CRAP it was fantastic. UNDER ARMOUR - hello, have you ever seen or heard of THAT being on sale?!?! - was included in the sale and is FANTASTIC!!! I even found SHORTS that I LOVE LOVE LOVE and can't believe I've lived this long in my life without them. I ended up with two pairs of FANTASTIC, NOT-freakishly-weird-looking running shorts and two feels-like-cotton-works-like-UA-tees that fit and feel AWESOME.

I've never been so stoked to run in my life, I don't think. I LOVE my new clothes. I got a run in Friday before getting down to the grindstone and working and found an excuse, though no time for a run, to wear one of my new tees to an amusement park yesterday - why be hot in all that sunshine???

I'm looking forward to at least three runs this coming week - a different CLEAN outfit for each run! hahaha

For all the shopaholics out there looking for some motivation to exercise - go splurge on some GREAT gear. None of the fancy oh-I-look-hot-in-this garbage - the functional, comfortable, FANTASTIC stuff you're never going to want to take off. You'll workout JUST to have an excuse to wear it!!

0 comments: