MMMMMmmmm....chiiiiilli.....

I know, I know. Another boring food post. I KNOW!

But, you're keeping me accountable, so get over it. hahaha

And I HAD to tell you....

I don't really like chili. Never have. Every time I go to a big event where they're promising food and surprise, surprise, they're serving CHILI.... well, I stock up on the rolls. I mean, I eat the chili but it's never ever been a favourite.

Hot dang, did I make delicious chili last night! hahaha MMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! I think this recipe I stumbled upon is for SURE going in our collection of favourites! AND it's another crock-pot wonder, so BOOYAH easy to make!

Once again, from Better Homes and Gardens Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes, I present to you.... Vegetarian Chili With Pasta

1 15oz can garbanzo beans (chickpeas) rinsed & drained
1 15oz can red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
2 14oz cans diced tomatoes
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 large onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
1/2 cup chopped green or yellow sweet pepper (I used red 'cause it was on sale)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 to 3 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
1/4 tsp ground red pepper (optional)
1 cup wagon wheel or elbow macaroni (I used whole wheat bowties)
(optional - we opted out) shredded cheddar cheese

In a 3 1/2- to 4- quart slow cooker combine beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, sweet pepper, garlic, chili powder, oregano, and red pepper, if desired.

Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Stir cooked pasta into bean mixture. Serve in bowls, and, if desired, sprinkle with cheddar cheese.

Nutrition Facts per serving (makes 5 servings): 273 Cal, 2g total fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg chol., 868mg sodium, 53g carbs, 10g fibre, 14g protein. Daily values: 57% vit C, 13% calcium, 22% iron.

0 comments: