Week in review. ish.

So I wanted to check in and report on my week. Another post JUST for me, that means, I know. But...you'll get over it. ;)

Tuesday-Friday went exactly as I'd planned, INCLUDING the wonderful book-club-Italian-feast food dalliance I had been counting on......and LOOOOOOOVED!! DELICIOUS chicken-breast lasagna, scrumptious caesar salad (by yours truly), garlic bread, chocolate mousse cake.... mmmmmmmmmmm......... I even drank gasp POP! OH it was DIVINE! hahaha

The rest of the weekend, I sort of resigned myself wold be another food-weekend-from-delicious-empty-calorie-ridden-fantasy-land. My parents were over (my mom's first book club attendance equaled a fun family sleepover!) aaaand we had delicious, healthy smoothies for breakfast Saturday morning....coupled with my dad's famous "Daddy eggs" - delectably fried eggs in....bacon fat!! And YES we ate the bacon, too. And toast with butter... hahaha Lunch we did all-you-can-eat Sushi, and for "dinner" I took my darling pal, for her 13th birthday, to the movies to see the fantastical Justin Bieber in documentary/concert movie 3D splendor, which was obviously coupled with popcorn, hot dogs, and nibs! O:-) Her BIRTHDAY dinner the next night consisted of delicious chicken parmesan with....perfectly too much cheese, another caesar salad, and polished off with ice cream cake.

So yeah. Talk aBOUT some straying from the path there! But you know what? I ran 30K last week, which I know isn't much for SERIOUS runners, but it's the most I've ever done in a single week, and I'm STOKED about it, and I KNOW I can do it, and I plan to do it again this week soooooo.... whatever. Weekend was a throw away. I can survive that. BOOyah!

Feeling a wee bit like I can do anything THAT regards tonight, so YAY for that! hahaha A WELCOME, refreshing change!

Now, I JUST READ on my darling Shop Girl's blog a great post about gratitude. She ends the post with a plan to post every Sunday 10 things she's grateful for. I LOVE this idea, and as soon as she gives me the green light (no pressure, my friend!) I'm TOTALLY STEALING IT!! I oh so DESPERATELY need some positive focus in my life right now and this is just such a great exercise. Like Oprah's gratitude journal or something. hahaha I'm currently beyond excellent at seeing all the hum drum, la dee dah, and blech in my life - yeah, I'm a real peach to be around at the moment - and committing to reflecting on ten different things I'm grateful for each week just seems brilliant. ...I haven't assigned myself a check-in-day yet, though. Shop Girl's doing Sundays, but I don't know if that will be realistic for me as I'm NOT currently in the habit of posting every day and rarely post on Sundays soooo... I'll get back to you on that, along with posting my first list!!

Be excited.

And that, I think, is that for now. I'm reading "The Princess Bride" at the moment and am finding it much funnier now than I remember it being last time I read it - oh the surprises of a maturing humour! aaaand it's sitting here near me calling my name soooo.... into my bed and Florin I dive for the balance of the evening!

Until next time!

2 comments:

Shop Girl* said...

Green light!!

Can't wait to read your list. :)

Red said...

:-)