Tactless, thy name be Bravo.

OKAY. So I've been DYING to share this with you since it happened last week but as much as I love the blog it's definitely NOT been a priority of late. Which MAY be the problem, actually....

Last Friday I had a soccer game, as I do now every Friday 'till the end of the summer. I LOVE soccer. And, relatively speaking, I'm good. I mean, I'm no Beckham by any means, but TWO weeks ago I was easily one of if not the best on the field. (Changes week to week - depends on how ON the game I am...)

Well this past week I started and played the first half like CRAP. I was HORRID. It was awful. It's not fun when you play like a bum. Regardless of the score if I personally am playing like a reject then I FEEL like a reject and I don't want to play. It's embarassing. I'm better than a reject-player so I should play better than a reject-player. Does that sound stuck up?

Second half, I was AWESOME. I was SO much better. I was on my game, I didn't let anyone through, I knocked someone over (always a perk, and ALWAYS by 'accident' as in my PURPOSE was not to knock the gal over but to get the ball).... I was better. It was great.

So, AFTER the game there was all this hubbub going on with the family because Bravo, my darling dearest brother, is moving out of his house 1.1km from my house, back in with our parents. And Friday night was a moving-stuff-out night. SO after the game we head over to help and grab some stuff he's getting rid of that's perfectly wonderful and really wanted to come live at my house (like some fantastic end-tables for beside my couch - yay!!)

Somewhere in the moving-stuff-out event Bravo and I got chatting and I was giving him the run-down of the game and how awesome I'm playing and how much I love soccer and WHAT A DIFFERENCE RUNNING has made in my game - 'cause let me tell ya' - OY!! WHAT a difference!! hahaha INCREDIBLE. I LOVE it. I'm the oldest I've ever been while being a player and I have the best stamina I've ever had while on the field.

So with THIS news, that my hours and hours and hours of vigorous training and running and just wowzers-that's-a-lot-of-exercise has actually had an EFFECT somewhere Bravo says "well that's good, at least, that even though your size is staying the same you're seeing some benefits from all that exercise!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EVEN THOUGH I'm just as FAT as when I STARTED it's good to know I can PLAY better!!

Ohmigosh I almost died. I reviewed the conversation with Mr. Man later and laughed - he tried desperately to put a positive spin on it for me and then finally relented - there really is NOT another way to take that, is there? TOO TOO TOO funny!!!

SO, Bravo. I've taken that as a challenge. I WILL get smaller, gosh darn it!! You just may not NOTICE 'cause you see me too darned much! ;) hahaha

Consequentially MONDAY I went for a good run outside, 6.68km - I ran a whole new route, kinda' spur of the moment - I got to the fork in the road and I HAD planned to go right to a point and turn around and come back, but I last-second decided to go LEFT and do a loop instead - it was great!!

TUESDAY I went for a leisurely 5km on Optimus Prime.

TODAY I did Yogilates while Mr. Man earned 30+ Wii Fit credits - it was kinda' fun to workout 'together' - he used that side of the room and I used that side [pointing].

I FINALLY weighed myself - it's been ages. Ha. And, actually, that information is on the WiiFit. ALL I know is it's up 4.6lbs from LAST time which was like, 73 days ago. SOOOOOOOOooooo... I have NO idea how I've been doing 'cause I haven't been monitoring my weight or my size or whatever. LOOKS like I've gone a little backwards, so let's fix that, shall we?? Prove Bravo wrong... muahaha!!

3 comments:

Nacho said...

When I saw you on Sunday I actually thought you had lost weight.... but then again it might just have been the new hair.

Shop Girl* said...

Oh brothers... they always say the cutest things, don't they?

What he is NOT seeing is your body's conversion into muscle. You're toning and increasing your endurance... the weight loss will come. :)

Red said...

Thanks Nacho and Shop Girl - I hope you can tell I'm not overly bothered by the comment - I found it HILARIOUS more than troublesome.

And I at least FEEL thinner! hahaha