A little perspective?

So, not wanting what happened last week to happen again this week - only post on Thankful Thursday? What? - I opened up blogger this morning with an attempt to fill this "compose" box with...something.  Anything.

After going months without contracting any illness (come on, if you've read me for any length of time you KNOW how weird it is for me NOT to be sick every other week - it's been brilliant) I finally, this weekend, succumbed to a cold/sinus....botherment.

And I find so far I'm the absolute WORST in the mornings.  By evening I feel fairly fine, almost human... my head spins a bit, but the throbbing in my sinuses dies down, my throat isn't raw, whatever.  I can make sense of the world from a vertical perspective instead of aching to die under the covers in my bed.

So with all this rattling around in my head this morning I sat and stared at the blank screen.  I felt really really whiny and like I really had nothing to tell you about today other than how I'm sick again.

Then, in my sick-induced-wasting-time-today haze I stumbled across this video (that this morning I couldn't find to embed here and this evening found embedded on another blog after the video had been posted to YouTube - not that I'm saying I saw it FIRST 'cause I have no idea.... but I just wanted you to know I wasn't TRYING to steal your blogpost for today, promise! hahaha - thanks for posting it so I could find the youtube link so I could embed it! I DID earlier post it on Facebook, where you can also find it.)

If you have not already seen this, holy freak you HAVE to watch it.  For goodness sake, who CARES if I have a little sniffle. This is unreal.  Absolutely mind-boggling.
I keep seeing all this stuff going on in the world and wondering how the heck much longer before it's finally my turn.  Not that I'm asking for a turn, what a tremendous BLESSING that so far I've been SPARED much worse than blackouts, mild portions of massive ice storms, and general life hardships, but hot dang these incredible DISASTERS?  I can't be immune forever!

My heart aches for those who are less fortunate than I. Un. Real.

0 comments: