What? It's been a week?

Holy cow!

So, the intention was TOTALLY not to ONLY write Thankful-Thursday posts, I swear! This week just ended up being a LITTLE bit more insane than, well, I'd ever ever ever imagined..... which makes it the perfect blogging week, really, 'cause holy COW is stuff going on, but hot dang just NO TIME!

Well, I guess that's not totally true.... I could have been blogging last night after I totally and completely crashed (yeah, it was like, 8.  I died a little) on the couch with Mr. Man and LAUGHED and LAUGHED and LAUGHED at the funniest website EVER (BEFORE you click here just know that not everything is, um.... "appropriate."  Let's just say I have a new adoration for the iPhone, a device I have never ever ever used, nor will I, I don't think, after seeing its fantastic autocorrect). 

Anyway, it's so friggin early in the day I figured I'd write and tell you what's up and then LATER, when I'm less groggy (oh how I loathe 6am) I'll do Thankful Thursday. :-)

So on Saturday my darling friends' house had a rather crazy flooding happen in their basement.  Which is kinda' normal for basements in the spring.  I mean, as much as it sucks, it HAPPENS, right? 

Well, this wasn't just a flood.  This was some city-sewer-malfunction that backed up into their townhouse complex through the DRAIN (isn't water supposed to, by definition, go OUT the drain and not up it?) in the basement.  Yes, that's right.  The sewer.

As in sewage.

As in, there was a lake of excrement and all whatever else is mixed into that lovely water in the basement.

Man oh man did THAT smell fantastic or what??

So we all purchased rubber boots (can I just say how much I ADORE my very ugly, very functional rubber boots? Wore them to shovel snow - feet stayed warm and dry. Wore them to walk in the rain yesterday - feet stayed warm and dry. Wore them in a lake of poop - feet stayed warm, dry, and poop free! BOOyah! Best $15 EVER SPENT!) and spent the afternoon wading through the ankle+ deep lake.  Trying not to make too many waves and knock things over, nor to get the wet all over as we hauled salvageable items up and out of harm's way.

LOVEly.

Saturday night, the three ladies of the house moved into ours for sleeping, showering, relaxing - they'd lost heat, hot water, SPACE, breathable air.... forget about the toxicity levels of the drying poop (it drained eventually, Saturday evening). 

(Last night was the first night they were back home.)

Sunday, Little Miss was sick.  She'd been sick with a cold before that, but Sunday was the worst day. So she and I skipped church, and had a snuggle day, which, honestly, was much needed after a sleepless night.

Monday....Monday was just WEIRD.  I don't normally GET the "Mondays" but hot dang, they came out battling HARD this week, and totally won.  NOTHING went as planned on Monday, and I was totally run off my feet.  I had one planned task for the day, to get my upstairs cleaned and tidied in preparation for taking over my neighbour's daycare starting the next day (she went on vacation - the audacity!) aaaaaaaaaand didn't even get that task STARTED.  Not even STARTED.  Monday sucked.

Also on Monday Mr. Man and I had an appointment with the admissions department at a "local" college to look into different post-graduate opportunities for me (the appointment did not go well. Wow. And it was LONG!)

Tuesday? Tuesday started the 6am wake ups so I'm ready to receive a darling sweet 5-yr-old boy at 6:30 each morning.  Then after I delivered said charge to school Little Miss and I headed back over to the flood house to clear the basement of garbage and EVERYTHING ELSE, so the magic cleaning crew could get in there and sanitize the walls and floors.  (Little Miss spent the day two floors about the flood site, and was immediately disrobed and bathed when we got home to nix any ick that may have floated its way upstairs.  So far, we've both survived).

We SLAVED Tuesday. I haven't done physical labour like that for a good while. Probably since my SIL/BIL moved last summer??  Then I had to get home, change my clothes, shower, and get my butt to school to pick up a different daycare kid.

Yesterday? Another 6am wake up, 6:30 kid receiving (oh yeah, don't forget the extra women in the house, which was SO not a big deal, but I think freaked the poor 5-year-old right out - WOW there are a lot of people in this tiny house!), 8:50 school drop off.... and I'm not going to lie, I DIED yesterday.  At least except cleaning the kitchen, feeding the family, and an afternoon trip in the rain with Little Miss to pick up yet a different daycare kid - WOW was Little Miss SATURATED by the time we got home or what!  Snowpants do NOT hold up against puddles.  Oh yes, and there was a knock at the door - a different daycare mom who isn't scheduled to send her 1-year-old to me stopped over to see if there's any way I can take her bambino from 12-5 today because, get this, her husband is in the hospital.  So, today, which started at 6, will include what I'm sure will be a pathetic attempt at baby-proofing to then be followed by chasing a very active baby around the house making sure he doesn't kill himself, and OH yes....DIAPERS! 

Can't friggin' wait. 

One more 6am wake up this week....then.... MARCH BREAK!

Yeah, I think it's safe to say I need to do Thankful Thursday today..... I'm DONE this week. And I have to survive tomorrow including 6am, 2 daycare kids, and a mad dash to Orangeville for a Leifayre Jewellery open house (joint with Scentsy, with a consultant who won't be there because she's busy at Disney in Florida.  Guess who's middle man on THAT one?  taking a bow I'm absolultey BRILLIANT sometimes).

Okay, so, unless I pass out later (totally possible) I'll be back for Thankful Thursday later this evening.

2 comments:

James and Ashley said...

I love that web site. Thanks for sharing. Ashley and I think its too funny

Red said...

Not going to lie - just discovered it recently. LOVE it! I think I have to add it to my daily reads along with Cakewrecks! :-)