Stoked

So, I'm just a wee little bit excited today.

I finally got around to getting my registration done for summer soccer this season.

Booyah!

Not playing last year was, well, honestly? A really stupid move on my part.  hahaha I don't know what I was thinking.  And then this year I've been sort of back and forth about it - starting fresh with new people and a new team and all the craziness that goes on during a game on a pitch full of estrogen.... I've been in such a fantastically good place lately the negatives that come along with my favourite sport seemed to be vastly outweighing the positives. 

But I haven't found that THING that I can do to replace my favourite thing. I've tried to find a squash partner I can regularly go and play with - I LOVE squash - but don't get responses when asking, directly, HEY-wanna-be-squash-partners of someone.  I tried for a running partner once, who was a boy, and his first question was "...ummm... what do you wear when you run?"  Which OBVIOUSLY meant he was SUPER comfortable with the idea. hahaha  Anyway, just, my attempts thus far have been foiled.

THEN, mid hemming-and-hawing I got a message on Facebook from an old teammate, looking to get as many of our team back together as possible for this season! 

IT'S A SIGN! 

hahaha  And THEN another old friend from the team AGES ago now messaged and said she wants to get back into it this summer, so I of course told her to piggy-back on the first messaging gal's initiative....

and we're all signed up.

I have a team! I have a sport!  I have my Friday nights all summer planned! 

I'm excited. :-)

0 comments: