Little Miss Part 2

More from my book to Little Miss! :) Enjoy!



So, where were we? Oh yes, all about YOU!

Well, you may have noticed from your photos, you were 7lbs 8oz, and 21 inches long. I thought you looked WEIRD! I mean, absolutely beautiful but I thought babies were supposed to be round and fat and you were LONG and SKINNY! I figured that's the King side of things kicking in early – your Grandma and Aunties* are such petite ladies!

Anyway, you seemed pretty content, if I remember correctly. Sad to say it's taken me a while to write this down so I'm going from a 21-month-old memory at the moment AND I had JUST had a baby soooooo.... if I miss something I DO apologize!

Your silly mommy held her breath some of the time while she was in labour (it's an effective dealing-with-the-pain technique! I SWEAR!) and there was a little concern in the delivery room about your body temperature – they wanted to make sure your tiny body could get itself all nice and toasty warm after starving for oxygen....whoops! So while the good doctor worked to make me all better after having you, you got to hang out in the cool little incubator thingie where you were very quickly surrounded by some of your favourite people! Mimi and daddy couldn't keep their eyes off you – they were so instantly in love!

Once I was all better and modest again and had some time to meet you properly, you started to snuggle with all of your family. Snuggling has always been one of your favourite things, and we LOVE that you love to snuggle with us. Mimi especially.

Grandma was the first through the door – Daddy called Grandma when we were en route to the hospital and she had been waiting as patiently as a grandma could down the hall in the waiting room to meet you. I remember she walked in and I don't think she hardly even SAW me – she was too engrossed and instantly enamoured with YOU!! Of course when it was time for holding baby she had to fight with Mimi for a turn (just kidding – Mimi's pretty good about sharing, which is surprising because you're just too darned awesome to ever want to part with) – isn't it so amazing to have such wonderful grandmothers who love you so very dearly? You sure lucked out, kiddo.

We phoned Uncle Bravo* bright and early that morning to wake him up and tell him you'd arrived and ask him to call Grandpa – Grandpa was at home in Georgetown which was too far away for us to call from the hospital phone; he knew you were on the way because I phoned when I was in labour for Mimi to come down! So after Grandma Uncle was the next to come meet you. And then Grandpa arrived shortly thereafter, driving down quickly once he got word.

Your Uncle is a funny guy, but he fell in love with you pretty quickly. Though I'll tell you a secret – he didn't want to HOLD you at all!! He was SO AFRAID of hurting you or breaking you he just wanted to stand back and admire you from a distance. Finally after one of the nurses had come to check on you and you were wrapped all nice and snug in a blankie I convinced him it was time – he'd only have so many chances to have you passed to him by a PROFESSIONAL, he'd better jump at it! SO he did. He loves you oodles and oodles. NOW you're a bit bigger, and he's not afraid of you so much anymore, and you guys have a lot of fun together. He's one of your absolute favourite people. You always ditch me the instant Uncle walks in the door.

Grandpa, he loved you right away, too. He brought his fancy camera – there will be pictures from it for you in here – and started taking pictures like crazy! And when we (finally) decided what your name was Grandpa just LOVED it – Little Miss*. [We used] Grandpa's mom's name, so your great-grandma. Great-grandma was so fantastic we wanted you to remember all the time and keep her with you when you're out and about, so we borrowed her name for you!

1 comments:

Laura D. Barton-Eady said...

You started a book for your little girl? That is so cute. Mamaz kept one for me from the day she got pregnant til she had my sister and no longer had time. I love it so much and I know your little girl will as well when she is old enough to appreciate it.