Time Flies

I can't believe it's July 2nd. Where has my summer off GONE??? I have to register for classes in 4 days.

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGHHHH


I feel like I haven't got anything done I meant to. And summer's thankfully not over, but ohmigosh what have I been DOING??? I guess some days I'm ridiculously productive, but others less so. And what have the productive days yielded?? My house is still, most days, a disaster zone. Like, you know when someone says their house is messy and not to come over or if you surprise someone and catch them with a 'dirty' house and they're all embarrassed 'cause it's such a mess??? My house is worse, I guarantee it. Even when it's in we-have-company-coming mode it's horrendous. I work and work and work at it and never find any space or clean any surfaces.....I throw out bag after bag after BAG of old clothes, junk, ohmigosh COMPUTER stuff EVERYwhere (Mr. Man - OY).

SO....bllaaaaaaaaahhhhh....

ALL that said, work has been going well this summer, which, being self-employed, is great. :) And we've done some fun things, even, too, which is additionally great. AND I only have a year left. LESS than that. This time next year I'll have already even gone to my super-boring graduation ceremony, walked across the stage dressed like an idiot, smiled for pictures..... I can't WAIT.

There was supposed to be a point to this post...what was it?? Oh yes!! I don't think I've ever told you, but I subscribe to and LOVE Canadian Running. And you're all aware I'm not even all that serious a runner. I find every issue I get just packed with fascinating articles about incredible elite athletes and tonnes of tidbits and information for the less-than-serious runner, and even beginner! It's GREAT.

Anyway, the current issue is probably my all-time favourite - the whole magazine is devoted to running as a means of weight-loss. Yes this is sometimes touched on in other issues, but this issue is written like, specifically for ME. And off the weight-loss topic specifically there's a fantastic review of running/sports bras and men's singlets for those of us who have no idea what the heck we're looking for when we wander into the running section of a sport store... aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (the contented sigh of the newly-all-knowing).

My FAVOURITE article this issue is entitled "Training with Weight" and just cracked me up. Read the whole article HERE but here's my favourite part:

"He handed me a pair of pants and ushered me into the change room. I pulled them on and glanced in the mirror, horrified. The “loose” pants were tight, revealed all and left me looking vaguely like a sausage being squeezed out of its casing. The pants were size XL, which, to me only meant one thing: I was not thin enough to be in a running store. I was not a real runner."


If you've EVER had that or a similar experience, take a minute to read the article (even if not, it is pretty good). It addresses the dressing-for-running problem we all have and gives tips on how to deal with them. AND some great tips on how to get equipped and keep motivated for beginners. LOVE it.

Also...playing with the layout a bit - so please excuse me as I'm under construction. ;) hahaha I'll settle on something sooner or later, I promise!

0 comments: