Reporting In

Well, I'm sure you've all noticed (all like, three of you who actually read this little blog of mine....and when I say I'm sure you've noticed I really mean I'm sure this is so far off all your radars and unimportant that no one's noticed.... hahaha) BUT I've had a HORRID two weeks with running. OY!! This past week and the one before each I only got ONE run in (not including a soccer game both weeks) and only managed to squeeze a measly 5K out each time. And I wasn't really breaking any personal best times with those 5Ks, either.

If you DID read my last post you may have discerned that it's been a wee bit harried around here of late (thanks EVERYONE for your concern - WE GOT SOME HELP and have more coming!! hahaha YAY!) and just all over the place and OY OY OY!! (Someone asked me once if I'm Jewish...I'm not. I just LOVE that word - it so very often describes EXACTLY how I'm feeling! hahaha)

Anyway, in the middle of all that oy there just hasn't been running.

And there's been EATING. Oh my GOSH has there been eating. EVERYthing.

It's like, I'm a stress-eater but while I'm in the middle of it I can't see that's what's happening. I can't see that I'm stressed while I'm stuffing 16 cups of caramel popcorn down my throat after all but two of the seven+ people I prepared it for for our book club meeting (yes yes yes, I know. Another STUPENDOUSLY nerdy thing I do - I'm in a book club) didn't show up to eat it... and the ring pops I bought as "party favours" for them (it was on theme!!)....and all the nachos and salsa-dip (oh my gosh, it's SO GOOD)....(by the way, I was really put out that no one came to my month's meeting - the three of us who DID meet had a BLAST but Mr. Man and I practically killed ourselves getting the house and food and everything ready and then no one came!! GAH!! People, RSVP!!! Oh-mi-GOSH RSVP!!! Do your inviters a HUGE favour and just TELL THEM ahead of time if you're planning to attend or not! If you like them at ALL, in the SLIGHTEST LET THEM KNOW IF YOU'RE COMING OR NOT!! Otherwise, besides being extraordinarily rude, it's unfair to the would/could be hosts. SERIOUSLY! Okay...whoa...are we on a tangent??) What else have I eaten lately?? I guess more what HAVEN'T I eaten lately????

I feel fat. I hate that feeling. Or, this feeling. Whatever. Fat is not a good feeling. Regardless of whether or not you (or I, in this case) actually LOOK fat, FEELING fat is the actual problem.

Anyway, so this week, I plan to be back on track. I don't know how we're going to make it happen, but it will happen. Expect to see my weekly run tally on the sidebar there saying something OTHER that just 5K by the end of the week (I HAVE to get back on this horse or I'll lose all my hard-earned training!! GAH!!) - in fact, I will plan RIGHT NOW to run 10K once this week. So the counter should say at least 15K by the end of the week - that's a minimum of two runs. Plus soccer.

And the food....we'll tackle that one again in a bit. Just "eating better" and all that mushy garbage doesn't really work for me - it's not tangible or drastic enough for me. I'm a little too.....well, I don't really even know what too I am, but I'm too something for airy-fairy I'll-just-eat-less-and-or-better type stuff to really work. I don't have the willpower for something so loose, you know??

I'm going to do a run in the fall with Steph (who just blasted her previous personal best for a half-marathon out of the WATER today with 1:43- HOLY FREAK and CONGRATULATIONS, GIRL!) - we/I just have to pick one and get training for it. And then watch her fly away from me as soon as the 'gun' goes off... hahaha

AND...that's that for now. I think I'm going to go check to see that Little Miss is in her bed and aSLEEP, and then I'm going to read a bit ("Dracula" by Bram Stoker - fantastic and horrifying all at the same time! hahaha I read it once before....but now the whole chick-vampires-feed-on-kids bit is much much much more disturbing than I recall it being first-time through; I think I love Little Miss too much!), and then I'M going to go to sleep. Maybe I'll go get some ice cream first so I can be digesting something and burning calories in bed....

JUST KIDDING! ;)

4 comments:

stephs.unforgettable.moments said...

RED.

3 things:

1st thing....I love the new layout. If this is what I was waiting for then it defintly was worth it. It looks awesome, never change it. Or at least until you get bored with it.

2nd thing...Thanks for mentioning me in your blog. Althought it was not necessary haha, I already know I'm pretty insane for my running that I do. But still the congrats you gave was pretty stellar. So thanks:)

3rd thing....You have to get back into running, if you take it easy now you will regret it in the new year. Try and get some 5k's in or even some bigger ones. I have faith. I know you can do it. And if you do red......by gosh will I push you over the top when we get back to school. I'll be there everday at your house telling you to run haha.

Red said...

Glad you love the new layout - yes this is what you've been waiting for!! Still working out some kinks (like the title being too big....) but in general, I FOUND it!! hahaha

And I never really meant to get OUT of running, it's just been insanity lately and I haven't gotten it done, you know? Did 6.4km tonight, though! OutSIDE even! ;)

Ellen said...

I just popped in along my merry Internet way and wanted to say "Good Job." I am a triathlete who's been trying to loose that last Baby Weight (hey, he's six!) and the only thing that's been working is running more. Which I hate.

So, I like seeing the ticker - it's very motivational for me.

Also, via. RSVPing. I feel for ya. I've shown up for some scheduled runs with a local running group and NO one has been there but me! I would rather run with a group but I also don't want to run an unfamiliar route in the evening by Myself! Grr.

Red said...

Hiya, Ellen! Welcome!!

I'm AMAZED by triathletes. I LOVE swimming, and am actually quite good at it - I used to compete when I was younger - but I just can't get my poor little noggin around doing all three events in one...non-sitting! hahaha AND, being that I study kinesiology I learn lots and lots about the successes of running for weight loss blah blah blah...hence my current action plan. I find, some days, I actually LOVE it now, though. I used to loathe it. :)