Holy overwhelming, Batman!

I need to address Tuesday's post. I have so many overwhelming reactions and feelings about YOUR reactions to what I wrote - I've NEVER received so much feedback on a blog post and I'll admit I'm a bit embarrassed and humbled to know so many people stop by to check on me over here. Maybe it was just the blog title?? Do you all REALLY read me that often??

FIRST OF ALL: I need to apologize. I know there are at least two people my blog post, um....offended, or even hurt. I am SO sorry. I did NOT mean to belittle any attempts that are or have been made by you WONDERFUL people who do, for one reason or another, care enough to try to be friends with me - I meant to address my OWN inadequacies as a friend in the post, but I don't think that came across the way it should. There are for sure a couple people at least who come to mind immediately who are so patient and wonderful to always be the ones to call me, see what I'm doing, am I busy, can I play....I'm the one who is currently too busy, doesn't return calls, initiate contact....I KNOW. I know I know I know. ONE of you called me out on this - THANK you!! And we're good - we've been back and forth the last few days. This wonderful gal was incredible enough to accept my apology and compare a friendship to a marriage - never perfect, bumpy ride, and totally worth the effort. THANK you!

If my post left you feeling more like I'd described feeling because of my obvious neglect to YOU, I'm SORRY.

Specifically to my bud who I so horribly called out on Tuesday - I'm sorry. It was mean and uncalled for. I was really upset with you and took it on you here. I had NO IDEA you read me sometimes. How horrendously humiliating. Thank-you for talking with me about it and sorting things out. I *heart* you, too. ;)

SECOND: MAYBE I deserved it for writing something that hurt and offended people. But to whomever clicked 'boring' on Tuesday....You know, I KNOW sometimes I don't put everything I've got into my writing and it IS dull - I would be surprised if this doesn't end up being an abysmal piece of writing as I'm operating on 20 minutes of sleep from last night (hooray second-last paper of the semester). BUT the more vengeful part of me hopes that one day you open up and share some of your deepest feelings with someone and YOU are labelled as BORING. If it's boring, get the heck out of here and don't read me.

THIRD: OHMIGOSH, everyone. With the exception of the boring vote, and even INCLUDING those of you who called me out on this - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for your responses. I cannot BELIEVE you all, and how many of you actually APPLIED! hahaha I want to figure out how to be best friends with ALL of you!! UnFORTUNATELY as I'm failing at being any ONE person's best friend at the moment you'll have to all keep bearing with me, please pretty please!!

I THINK I've responded to most of you via facebook or e-mail - I went that route, as most of you did, to keep it a bit more private. If I HAVEN'T gotten to you yet...don't feel unloved - I got over 20 comments, messages, wall posts, etc. from you WONDERFUL people APPLYING to be my best friend! I can't BELIEVE it!! Even the more biting ones calling me out on being ungrateful for the friends I have were expressing desire to be my friend. talk about a serious, and FAST one-eighty in feeling. I am NOT alone. THANK you for lending your support. PLEASE if I don't leap at the chance to become a better friend to YOU right now...bear with me. I have a month left in this hellish semester, and then ONLY ONE SEMESTER TO GO!!!

If I haven't written you back yet...I will, I promise. Again, the 20 minutes of sleep last night...I've been going NUTS with homework since posting on Tuesday.

SPECIFICALLY TO MY 'APPLICANTS' - Let's do it. I WANT to be your friend. I just need help to make it happen.

Okay, now if THIS gets a boring check I think I'll have deserved it - I feel very disjointed and SUPER tired at the moment, so if any of it even makes SENSE I'll be surprised.

Thank-you all, again. LOVE you, even if I don't always take or make the time to show it.

LOVE,
Red

0 comments: