Tired and Cranky

I have had too much homework lately. WAY too much.

I mean, I'm not expecting 'them' to just GIVE me my degree. I'm all on board about earning it and everything - I get a bit irritated with people who can't accept a poor mark when they've deserved it.... HELLO, it's SUPPOSED to be hard! If it wasn't hard to get a degree then there wouldn't be so relatively few people to do it and it wouldn't be worth anything in the end.

So I GET it. I totally get it. Fourth year. University. HARD.

Bring it on.

The problem, I think, I'm having is everything ELSE.

I'm 27.

I'm married.

I'm a MOM.

I go to school ALL day, rush home, grab whatever I can out of the pantry, throw it on the stove, pick up Little Miss, and eat some poor excuse for "dinner."

My dear, darling husband, who I love OH so much, works in a city 1.5 hours from our home. He's not home a lot. And you know, because of what he does, he gets called at home from work TO work. A lot. Or at least sometimes it FEELS like a lot. So he's a pretty busy guy who's pretty tuckered out when he finally gets home in the evenings, and he REALLY REALLY doesn't like...well, to be frank, doing ANYTHING on Saturdays.

Today is a Saturday.

Let me just say this before I continue: Mr. Man has been AWESOME today. AND I'm SUPER tired and I think I must be SUPER cranky.

Because amidst all of Mr. Man's awesomeness today, this is all I can see:



So let me tell you a little about...well, just today, I guess. Prefacing it with LOTS of missed sleep in the last couple of weeks, including Thursday night, writing papers for school, making power point slides for group presentations, meeting with group members, writing EXAM questions (oy - don't EVEN get me started on THAT one...). I've been a tired, sleepy, walking zombie the last couple of weeks.

Today I participated in a craft sale at one of the local schools. Some of my girlfriends were participating (CHECK THIS OUT!) and I let myself get talked into participating. Mr. Man and I talked about it, and how busy my school schedule was, and decided we could pull it off, hoping it would be worthwhile (I'm selling hand-made Christmas cards, among other things - check them out here).

So, last night after my group members (for a presentation on Tuesday) all filed out of my house after a surprisingly (THANK GOODNESS!) productive meeting last night I started gathering what things I had left that weren't already set up at the school (I went after classes yesterday). Then I went to bed. Only to get up WAY too early to get showered, pretty, and dressed like I was going to work, because, well, I WAS going to work, and get everything together and over to the school.

Then at the school from 8:45am 'till probably about 3:30pm. LOOOOOOOOOONG day. REEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLY tired. My FEET hurt from standing so much of the day talking to potential customers, selling cards, talking about my wonderful scrapbooking business....chasing Little Miss around who got left with me while Mr. Man did groceries (BOY is she exhausting in a public place crowded with people when you're operating on not-near-enough-sleep-in-the-last-two-weeks and she's throwing tantrums and chairs a women in wheelchairs - NOT kidding).... It was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONNG day.

So when I got home? COLLAPSED. I have been GOING NON-stop for two weeks STRAIGHT. I am EXHAUSTED. I have NOTHING left.

Mr. Man was wonderful and agreed to let me crash on the bed and catch up on my missed Glee episode this week (OH how sad was it that it was away for two weeks?? WELCOME BACK, GLEE!!).

And then it was nearing dinnertime.

I asked what was for dinner - Mr. Man did the shopping!

"I dunno."

Great.

So then I cooked dinner.

And fed my family.

And I was REALLY REALLY spent - seriously, I don't know HOW I'm still functioning at this point. So I said something to the effect of, hey, STILL tired, I cooked, YOU clean up the kitchen (= unload clean dishes from dishwasher, reload dishwasher. This shouldn't be the end of the world) and I'M going to go die some more, on the bed, and watch my missed episode of The Vampire Diaries (I'm almost embarrassed to admit I got into this silly one, but I LOVE LOVE Ian Somerhalder in it - FANTASTIC!!).

Thoroughly enjoyed this week's episode - I do very much enjoy television programming about the occult. It's never TOO freaky, like you can get in movies, but pretty darned riveting all the same.

Finished the episode. Read some blogs.

Came out to see my nice clean kitchen.

Found Mr. Man on the computer. Little Miss, 10 minutes before bedtime, watching the beginning of a 1.5 hour movie. Kitchen.... as you see above.

CURRENTLY: NOTHING has changed in the kitchen. The jacket I asked Mr. Man to put away has been moved from the chair in the dining room to the chair in the front entry - really?? The closet's RIGHT THERE! The table's still out from my meeting yesterday though I asked it get put back. Little Miss' toys are put away because I put them away. Mr. Man is sitting at his computer blissfully unaware that his tired and cranky wife is exploding via blogpost at the moment. I'm too tired to deal with it, I think. This is why my house gets so horrendously filthy.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

5 comments:

Shop Girl* said...

Ohhh Red... I was stressed just READING this post, let alone living it.

Tell your man to get his hands off the keys and into the sink.

Anonymous said...

It'll be over before you know it... Hang in there! You're doing awesome!

Anonymous said...

Close the door to the kitchen and go to bed. It'll still be there tomorrow, when he wakes up in the morning! haha Just say, "should have done it yesterday huh?"

Anonymous said...

Oh no Becca and I'm not right next door to come over and do the dishes. With a dishwasher I would do it for you no problem. Keep your head up sunshine, we all have really hard, stressful days. Lots of love!
Did you sell lots of cards at the craft show?
Jess

Red said...

Shop Girl - thanks. hahaha I'll have to have him read your suggestion himself. ;)

My 'anonymous' posters - yeah, we definitely didn't clean up before we went to bed. PROMISE!

Jess - oh how I SO wish you were next door. ESPECIALLY days like this, I honestly find myself thinking I NEED JESSICA!!! LOVE you!!