Menu Monday: Chicken "Parmesan"

One of my FAVOURITE things about having married my husband...is my mother-in-law's SUPER easy, delicous recipe for chicken parmesan hahahaha.  It's SOOOOOOOOOOOO good.   It has become one of my absolute favourite meals, one of my favourites to cook when I have company, and a couple of my friends' must-not-miss meals at my house.  hahaha  It was also a cheat meal back in detox days - YUM!!

Here we go!

Chicken Parmesan

Ingredients: 
  • boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 3/4 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning or 1/2 tsp oregano + 1/2 tsp basil
  • butter
  • lots of shredded mozzarella cheese
  • parmesan cheese
  • can of spaghetti sauce
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Melt butter in large frying pan. Meanwhile moisten chicken with water and shake in bag with breadcrumbs and seasonings. Place coated chicken in pan and fry in the butter until brown (both sides).  Place chicken in a baking dish and cover with mozzarella cheese.  Cover with spaghetti sauce (if you have more than five pieces of chicken you may need another can of sauce, FYI).  Cover AGAIN with more mozzarella.  Top it off with parmesan cheese (fresh grated or the shake-shake-shake kind) :-) Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly.
like this!

Mmmm...fresh from the oven! YUM yum yum!
Serve with (whatever you want) spaghetti noodles.  You can use the excess sauce (if you used a large enough sauce to chicken ratio - 3 chicken breasts to one can of sauce works pretty well) from the pan on top of your noodles OR..I LOVE to add a yummy white sauce to my noodles so that when I put my chicken on top I end up with a scumptious orangey/pink mixed mess.  It's SO SO SO yummy! 

White sauce: equal parts (unwhipped) whipping cream and FRESH grated parmesan cheese, and a pat of butter.  Cook and drain the noodles, and then add the cream, cheese, and butter, and stir.  That's IT and it's AWESOME. (Stole it from Better Homes and Gardens "new cook book" or whatever it's called. hahaha

And now I have laundry to fold. :-)  Cheers!

0 comments: