My brain hurts!

Hiya!

So, I KNOW it's Menu Monday, but today I have a Little Miss home with a sore throat, so I'm thinking we're sticking with good old chicken-noodle soup and Kraft Dinner type meals today - she's EXTRAORDINARILY picky when she's sick and, frankly, I'm okay with that. hahaha  Anyway, I realized I won't be cooking anything really worth talking about today (except the horrible, mass amounts of MSG, preservatives, colour number 6-bazillion and goodness only knows what else I'll be feeding my family today - hahaha) so I'm going to do "Menu Monday" TOMORROW, okay?  Look for the deets on a very very yummy Chinese Chicken Salad - just thinking about having this for lunch tomorrow is making me salivate. YUM!

AND I know I didn't post on Thursday.  Thankful Thursday I DID remember, but let me tell you, I'm so out of the Thankful-Thursday-groove at the moment, I couldn't come up with anything to write about!! Isn't that awful? And I don't mean that I'm not thankful for anything, I mean that I'm so out of it I couldn't come up with my five things.

All the ideas I had to write about were the things I've in the past purposely AVOIDED writing about - they're so cliche and HUGE I've steered myself away from writing about them specifically: my family - holy CRAP I am thankful for my family, but what do I write about? My kid? My hubs? My mommy? My in-laws? My infuriating baby brother (who's SO OLD now! hahaha), my goof of a father, oozing with wisdom?  Just saying "I'm thankful for my family" isn't what Thankful Thursdays are supposed to be about aaaand so I didn't write about it.

I started Thankful Thursdays to help ME. To help me look at the piles of crap laying around my house and to find something I love and am grateful for.  So, what have I written about in the past? Kraft Dinner, for pity's sake. My stereo.  Naps.  Being SICK for goodness' sake.  So to cop out and write a post on something so OBVIOUS as my wonderful friends or my cannot-live-without-them family? Psht. SO not what it's about.

So I didn't write anything.  Obviously.

My goal for this week is to get my head back in that game and come up with my five things to write about. I don't even know or care if anyone reads my Thankful Thursday posts; they're for ME. They help me have perspective and be a better, happier, positive person.

Fingers crossed I can get it together and get it done.  Maybe we'll do "the unemployment edition" or something.  Actually, I'm liking that idea... hmmmm.... :-)

I am thankful for my family, for sure.  It's the middle of the day, so Little Miss is feeling, I think, as good as she's going to today, and Mr. Man is busy giving her a mani/pedi over in the living room.  Who could possibly NOT be thankful for a life that includes that fabulousness?? Ohmigoodness, for all our faults, I have the GREATEST family. My little nuclear one here at home, the one I grew up with, the one I've been added to, my 'adopted' families.  I love these folks.

Anyway, that's enough of that. Excuses for not doing what I said I was going to do, rambling through my fingers...lah-de-daaaaahhhh....

Hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great Monday! I'll be back with a food post tomorrow. :-)

0 comments: