Thankful Thursday: Everything

A few days ago my MIL sent me the above picture in an email: "Just thought this was too cute and might fit into one of your Thankful Thursdays..." 


And I LOVED it. It IS cute!  But it made me think a little - usually my Thankful Thursdays I like to pick five things I'm thankful for and write about those five things.  But...what if today, I AM just grateful for everything? Not just five things, but EVERYTHING??  


Except, maybe mosquitoes. I don't think I can ever figure out how to be grateful for mosquitoes. 


I'm thankful for my girlie - she makes my heart warm and my face grin.  She is my everything, and today I am grateful for everything. 


I'm thankful for my hubs - he drives me crazy and some days, honestly, I have to sit and wonder what on Earth made me fall in love with him in the first place because he's driving me SO insane I just want to call it quits.  But he is a fabulous man, with a fabulous heart.  He is strong where I am weak, and weak where I am strong.  Being together makes us a whole team, and I know that together we can get through anything and everything.  And today, I am grateful for everything. 


I thankful for my family, both old and new - the amazing family I grew up in, married into, and have created together with Mr. Man.  I truly believe there is nothing stronger or more important than family, and I have some of the greatest people ever in mine.  My family is everything, and today I am thankful for everything. 


I am thankful for my friends - a while ago I posted about not having friends. And I think at least sometimes, we all feel that way.  But I do have friends. I have best friends who know me and love me anyway, who accept that I am not superwoman and that sometimes the ball I drop is on our friendship, but who will never let me down and are willing to give me and my family anything, and everything.  And today, I am thankful for everything. 


I am thankful for my home, my bed, my comfortable furniture, my clothes and shoes. I am thankful for food - OH how thankful am I for food! - for the nourishment and incredible enjoyment I derive from it. For water.  I am thankful for technology, music, talents, education, books, toys, games, sports.  Photos - I love photos.  Looking at photos makes me smile.  


I am thankful for sunshine, rain, wind and snow. For falling leaves and fresh-cut grass.  For bugs and worms with their worlds to explore.  For cats and dogs, and all the beautiful creatures we share this world with. 


For flowers and trees, and the spider-plant in my living room that keeps sprouting 'babies.'  


For paint, play-doh, glue and scissors. Beads, wire, and string.  


Yes, today is a good day.  As all should be.  And today, with a cold, no work, an unemployed husband and an incredibly messy home, I am thankful.  For everything. 

1 comments:

Erin said...

And we're thankful for you and that wonderful offspring you produced!