Checking in on Day 7

(this cracked me up...and if it's true, you're doing something wrong!!)
Wow! It's detox day 7 and I didn't even realize!  Crazy, right?!

Two nights ago Mini Miss slept for EIGHT HOURS. It was amazing.  She didn't go as long last night without feeding, but she's an awesome little sleeper.  I can't wait for eight+ hours to be the norm for me to be sleeping nightly again, but I digress. I was chatting with a gal on Sunday while visiting our family whose almost-year-old STILL wakes up every two hours.  I. Would. DIE. So, serious hats off to all you parents out there who deal with THAT for years on end and are still alive. MY GOSH!

Kickboxing is going fantastically. I'm horrid at some things, but slowly am gaining my cardiovascular abilities back so I'm not instantly gasping for air at the start of every one-two punch combo; I can get at LEAST two out before I have to break!  hahaha

And I'm on track with my food. It's WONDERFUL. Though I am hungry tonight, so will probably pop myself some popcorn (air popper. And yes, popcorn is TOTALLY a vegetable! If I can eat corn on the cob I can eat popcorn!  It's my saving grace, really, for nights like tonight where the rumble just won't subside.)  I even have a go-to fast food meal - the full-size Wendy's BLT Cobb, hold the cheese. It's marvellous, delicious, and filling! Bacon, chicken, and egg all atop oodles of crispy greens - romaine, arugula... At a fast food joint, really, you can't get much better.

Mostly, though, I promise, I'm eating at home.  Usually eggs in the morning, though I skipped eggs and just did nuts and veggies the other day, with cashews and/or pistachios (my two fave nuts...I'm not a big nut girl, so that part of eating like this is a bit tricky...I don't even like pecans that much.) and sometimes a handful of sugar peas and/or peppers.  For lunch today I had a ham steak with broccoli, and a hefty helping of green salad with balsamic vinaigrette. And dinner I did baked salmon with more broccoli (I enjoyed it so much at lunch I figured, what the heck? hahaha) and carrots (with rice, too, for my Mr & Little Miss).

I have more to say than just blah blah blahing about what I'm eating, but I'm always so exhausted and trying to keep myself together with the detox at the moment that none of it has come out through my fingertips yet.  I'll keep you posted. ;-) hahaha

Oh yes, and last night's weigh-in had me at 204lbs. So...I'm definitely experiencing similar results to the first time I did this when I first learned about my insulin resistance; I'm on track to see that number down almost the exact same amount it went down first time (though I have a long way to go to get back to MY healthy number at 175. But that's okay - slow and steady is the easiest way to keep it off later!)

And now, I turn off lights, pop some corn, and doze in front of some geeky TV with my Mr.  Ciao!

Red

2 comments:

its joelle not jello said...

Popcorn is our fav. snack! I love that it's definitely a healthier alternative! Also, we snack on cereal instead of chippies or anything like that!

Red said...

Great idea, Joelle. My Little Miss loves snackng on Mini Wheats :-) I used to, too, before I found out how fatthey make me ;-) hahaha