My new running buddy

Tonight I went for a run. It was my first post-pregnancy run without my kickboxing folks, with whom I am training for a race coming up...post on that to come. Anyway, the run went great! Much better than expected. I didn't take my watch or GPS. I know I went a little over 4 km because I'd mapped it out before, so it wasn't a long run, or anything. It was just good to be out. 

And I went with a newbie. 

I know at SOME point in the past I have talked about the Girlie. Well, over the last while she's become more than just the Girlie and we've sort of taken her over as OUR Girlie. She's our tiny Misses' big sister, and just our bud. We love love love her. 
(Mini Miss, Little Miss, and the Girlie)

And silly Girlie. She's having some pretty crazy health problems. Which is ridiculous, because she's young and gorgeous. So...time to start looking after yourself, Girlie!  

So we went for a run. We're going to try to go together every Tuesday. 

Let me tell you all something: she did AWESOMELY. Just awesome tonight on her first time out. And with some bugging in the knee were going to work out with some stretching, massage, and exercise, this Girlie of ours is going to be UNSTOPPABLE! 

So do us a favour; don't just check in on me, now. Check in on the Girlie and see how she's doing. She's very special and needs our help reminding her of that so she remembers just how important it is for her to take care of her wonderful self! 

And now, Girlie, you have been outed to the blogging world! MUAHAHAHA!!

Day 14, folks. Probably going to enjoy a hot dog withal most-plastic nacho cheese and a bag of candy at the movies tomorrow with my Mister and RDJ at Iron Man 3; I can't WAIT! 

Last weigh-in was on Saturday and I was "down" to 198, so I made it back to the correct side of 200! Hooray! I out such little stock in weight as a measure for health, but on ME 200+ lbs is a little unnecessary. In fact, about 25 lbs of unnecessary. Hahaha. 

DETOXING WORKS. For me, a least. My pants fit, my shirt buttons aren't straining against my monstrous cow udders, I mean boobs, my face isn't ginormous, my muffin-top is manageable.... So now, we just keep working and having fun! It's about being able to move and do what I love for me. The weight and appearance is how I can tell if I'm balancing correctly for my own life and tastes. And how I keep those old daemons in check, who am I kidding. But it's about being able to roll around with my kids, participate in a pickup game of whatever, or keep up with my own crazy scheming. Moving makes me happy. 

Now to spend some quality time with something else that makes me happy; vegetating in front of the TV with my man watching geek programming... ;-) 

Until next time! 
Red

2 comments:

Unknown said...

RUNNNING ......ekkkkk yeahoooo

Red said...

I'll never be a runner like you are, Steph, but I'll keep dabbling!