Whirlwind Weekend, detox-style!

Well, now. THAT was a busy weekend! PHEW!

Friday was my BIL's 35th birthday, and as everyone is sort of uber enamoured with our Mini Miss it was absolutely EXTRA imperative that we get together this weekend! Which was great - one thing I think both Mr Man and I can agree on is that we both find ours slightly eccentric and totally weird at times we have AWESOME in-laws. Helps that we each come from fantabulous families, but I digress. (With out family-powers combined we become...a SUPER FAMILY! No? Okay, sorry, my nerd is showing...)

What was I saying? Oh yeah!

Saturday was Saturday. We did laundry, I got in a run and some training, finally got Mini Miss' crib put up, went BBQ browsing (ours DIED on us and it's "sprummer" and I CAN'T BBQ!!) fed our kids, us, cleaned house, packed and headed up to MY parents' for dinner, then went to an event with the one and only Alex Boye (no big deal, right?) with my SILs, nieces & my parents, then up to my SIL & BIL's house for a sleepover.

Today, up with Mini Miss, church, "home" to a house full of (some of our most favourite) people, lunch, dinner prep, playing, upset kiddo, perfect baby, accidental nap (yay!), dinner/birthday party, visiting, drive home.

I'm exhausted, but what else is new? Maybe I'll have a decent rest tonight...

Anyway. Saturday my weight was 206, so I'm glad to have further confirmation of my insulin resistance, having now removed all the "bad" for me from my diet for a few days. What a difference! It's like my body just gives a huge sigh of relief and lets go of all the extra fluff and baggage it's been carrying. It's WEIRD.

I am starting to look forward to my first cheat meal, though, and think that it will have to include a dessert of brownies and vanilla ice cream... O:-) (my cheat meals are EPIC).

Eating detox-friendly while away was surprisingly easy, and I'm not as hungry as I was at first, which is great. I took a small bag of snacks with me just in case - cashews, pistachios, cut up peppers, sugar peas, and some crab (yum!) - and ventured to Mom's. When we arrived, anticipating my hunger she had some kielbasa out on the counter for us and we got cooking a dinner of pork chops with mushrooms, vegetable stir-fry, and cobbed corn. DELISH.

Today my in-laws took great care of me, making bacon & eggs for breakfast, which I supplemented with some peppers, peas, and a small bunch of cashews in lieu of the scrumptious looking oranges and watermelon for the troops (you know I miss fruit when watermelon is mouthwatering; I hate watermelon!). Then for lunch we had hot dogs - I had one with no fixins and no bun, and then went to town on my snack baggie. Dinner was delicious homemade burgers, mine done without cheese (though someone tried to STEAL it! The nerve!) corn on the cob, veggie platter...oh, and a delicious-looking potato salad that I had to abstain from. And then at dessert/birthday time I just kept myself busy in the kitchen doing dishes and I wasn't dying watching everyone else enjoy icing-topped cupcakes, baked in the afternoon!

So, with some help, I had a pretty fantastically easy time keeping with it this weekend! I'm pretty pleased.

And that is that for now. Because...I think this baby might just be falling asleep eating aaaand that means I can go to bed. YIPPIE!!!

0 comments: