Weightloss Wars

HELLO! I know, I know - you all missed me like CRAZY, eh?? I can tell by all the comments left on my last post BEGGING me to hurry my return - what good is there on the internet to read if I'm not around??? ;)

I DO definitely have a post in me all about our little vacation BUT today have a different topic I MUST address, so the vaycay post will have to come later. SORRY if you've been sitting around for the past week twiddling your thumbs waiting for it, as I know some of you have been. (Wow, really? Go GET A LIFE and GET OFF YOUR COMPUTER!! hahaha)

RIGHT before I left for this little vacation I got an invite in Facebook from a friend of mine to join a group she started called "Weightloss Wars" - you can't look it up 'cause it's a secret group - muahaha! (Seriously, not everyone loves splashing info about their weight-not-so-loss all over the internet like I do. I've discovered I'm a bit of an anomaly that way; who knew?) BASICALLY, join the group and 'war' to see who can lose the largest amount of weight. But it's "The Biggest Loser" type rules where it's the percentage of weight loss. WHICH, as you know my thoughts on WEIGHT is just as bunk as the next thing BUT.....it's a COMPETITION!! Members of the group are competing against each other and the winner gets a manicure on everyone else!!

SO by clicking "confirm" on the group invitation I signed my little self up to either win a manicure (not likely) OR be out $10ish (depending on how many people join the group! hahaha PLEASE join!!)

The contest STARTS today - as soon as Mr. Man gets back from a small errand he's running I need him to re-hook up the Wii (we took it on vacation JUST IN CASE we were stuck inside with nothing to do on the three rainy days that were in the forecast - no one predicted sunny skies with a mix of TORNADOES! WHAT?!) so I can take my stats (they will be posted, don't you worry!) - and runs 'till September 23rd. That's right. I have to make it through Little Miss and my birthdays in this war.

Mr. Man and I are in the middle of some scheduling/planning for our last couple of weeks before school starts again, so we're looking at what/when I can fit in runs and/or yogilates, how LONG I can plan to run for, and I REALLY REALLY want to revamp what I eat. Like, REALLY.

I know I've posted about my problems with food before (here, here, and here) but I'm feeling, today, motivated to do something about it. I don't even like getting my nails done, by the way, but I DO NOT want to have to pay $10..... hahaha

While I was away ShopGirl blogged about her anniversary of being chocolate-free which....honestly I was kinda' MEH about before. Chocolate isn't all that big a deal for me. BUT some of my FAVOURITE things have chocolate in them/are chocolate i.e. chocolate chip cookies, my mom's fudge (oh it is TO DIE for!).... When ShopGirl announced she was giving up chocolate I thought - hey, I should do that!! But then thought about Christmas and how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mom's fudge. It's not like I eat it all the time or anything - Christmas is only once a year, right? I don't WANT to give up Mom's fudge!

BUT after reading her post.....huh. I'm considering it. I'm considering a lot of 'drastic' things, actually. I did mention before that with food I DO need something concrete, difficult, and insane - if it's not a challenge I just lose interest and start stuffing my face with whatever. I'm currently toying with cutting out chocolate, or ALL "sugar" (I KNOW there are natural sugars in fruits, etc. - I'm talking about gummy bears, caramel popcorn, ice cream.....oooooohhhhhh....iiiiiiiiiice creeeeeeeeeam........) JUST ice cream.....

I have to make up my mind, fast, 'cause the contest STARTS today.... in fact, this post was to announce what I'm doing! hahaha BUT Mr. Man's back now and writing about it I can't decide what to do and for how long - I think I'll go chat it out and see if we can come up with something. Then I'll weigh-in. You MIGHT get two posts tonight, you lucky lucky people.

Too bad it's a boring rambler.... hahaha ;) What else is new?

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Well well well ...

Isn't funny that I am also in this WAR !!! lol wait a min I am the one who started it.

Love the post !!!! Now go eat some chocolate