Down by threes

So yesterday we officially started the countdown to November 27th. Today is November 4th, so 23 days to go. PHEW.

That's the first decreasing number of the day.

The second was the number of minutes it took to run a particularly grueling 5K with Mi this afternoon sans water break or hyperventilation ;) - Mi's good for me - when I feel too tired to care about breathing (or living, for that matter) any longer and let my breath just GO she says nothing, but makes her breathing LOUD and SLOW to remind me to keep it together. PHEW! Anyway, shaved a minute and ran it in 32 minutes. (ALSO we need to give a great big shout out to Mi for running a 5K race on the weekend, finishing second in her age group and doing the darned thing in 26 minutes! HOLY FREAK! No WONDER she tuckers me out!!)

The THIRD are the numbers on the Wii Fit for my weight and BMI, down today from the last time I managed to get on to measure myself, 8 days ago, by 1.5lbs. Which I'm definitely okay with. :) According to the ease with which my clothes fit (i.e. the Gap 10)and the horribly encouraging comments from my family and friends when they see me it would appear that I lose size much more rapidly than I actually lose mass. I find it a bit weird, because my focus of late has been anything but strength-training, to try and attribute this phenomenon to increased muscle mass but... it is what it is. I don't KNOW what it is, but that's what it is. ;)

TODAY:
You may have guessed, I ran 5K. The WHOLE thing. No breaks, no stopping. I didn't go as fast on my last lap as I usually do but I was feeling pretty darned tuckered out by that point. Mi kept track of time for me, so if there's any discrepancies with it you can blame her. ;) hahaha

45 minutes yogilates - YAY! I went back to the shorter video for today - the full hour sounded daunting and I don't want to be daunted, PLUS it's been SO long I didn't want to push myself too hard with it and end up doing something silly - you can get yourself stuck in some pretty weird positions if you're not careful, so I opted for careful. AND you'll be happy to hear, I think, that it's as wonderful a workout as I remembered. Let's hope I can keep it up!!

Wii Fit measures:
Weight: 173.7 lbs (which makes a whopping total of 5.8 lbs down since we started our little project here, though if you count from my HEAVIEST point since we started I've lost more than that... ;))
BMI: 27.92.

And that, my friends, is that for today! :D It's late and I'm going to go to BED!

0 comments: