6 and 25

I had the best day on Saturday. It was great. We were supposed to watch Girlie on Saturday but her family's plans changed so we ended up with the day all to ourselves to do absolutely nothing. NOTHING! I can't remember a Saturday in recent history where we've had NOTHING to do. It was fantastic.

And on our day of nothing both Mr. Man and I spent some quality time with Optimus Prime. That's right, folks, Mr. Man ran on my treadmill!! PLEASE let's all give him KUDOS and encourage him to keep going!! GO MR. MAN! GO MR. MAN!! :) (I love you, sweetie!)

AND on Saturday, watching 'P.S. I Love You' (I love running on a treadmill!) I ran SIX kilometers. That's right, six. Not five. Six.

I felt like a superhero when I finished. :)

Okay, and the OTHER thing I wanted to post today because I spent SO much time on it the other night 'cause I'm SO silly and occasionally fill these things out for my unwinding-time, is that 25-random-things-about-yourself list from Facebook. I figured I spent so much time on it and no one's reading it and I feel totally ripped off so I'm posting it HERE too so it gets more exposure. hahaha I'm lame, I know. BUT it will also tell you a little more about ME and since you're here reading...about me..., I thought you might actually be interested. ;) So humour me. ;)

1) I've never ever been anywhere inside Canada outside of Ontario. I've literally driven across the United States, gone to school, vacationed, visited friends...but never in my own country.

2) I am absolutely beyond reason TERRIFIED of 'poking and prodding' – surgery, doctors, rectal thermometers (GAH for a STUDY I'm in!! KILL me now, PLEASE!). I'm as active as I am and I've never conquered tampons without fainting. ;) Surgery on my face this past December put me over the top – it was AWFUL. I'm seriously seriously seriously into 'preventative' medicine just so hopefully I never ever ever ever ever ever ever have to go in for something more serious than my cyst was!

3) I absolutely LOATHE being shushed. I'm a loud person, I know, but 'shhhhhhhh' is so degrading, embarrassing – it like, points out that I have no control over the decibel of my voice and I'm a grown woman for pity's sake! It's humiliating.

4) I almost equally loathe having to repeat myself when I've gone unheard – OBVIOUSLY I did a good job of keeping my voice down for a change, why the HECK can't you give me kudos and LISTEN?!

5) I'm seriously addicted to checking my e-mail. We may need an intervention, soon. I land on Facebook when there's no e-mail (most of the time) to try and quell the urge for a message or response from someone, but usually end up wandering away and coming back in five minutes or so.

6) I'm super-de-duper proud of my blog, http://redlovestomove.blogspot.com, especially when it helps motivate someone else. I'm mortified when I hear a guy has read it! Hahaha But THRILLED for the support at the same time! Go figure.

7) I only have four credits left (= one year) after this semester to finish my undergrad. FINALLY. And then we can move on with our lives. I can't wait.

8) My most favourite thing in the world is my kiddo. I LOVE being a mom. I wish I had more time for it. After school's out....

9) If there's something sweet in front of me and I have one I literally cannot stop. I'll eat cookies or skittles or whatever it is until I feel like I'm going to puke, and then I'll eat more. The trick for me is to not start eating them in the first place....some days (most, recently, actually!) are better than others.

10) I'm absolutely paranoid about my weight/size/appearance at just about every moment of every day. I really don't think you ever FULLY recover from disordered-eating problems.... I've turned down invitations to go out and have fun because I felt too fat that day. Strangely...I felt amazing when I was pregnant... hahaha

11) I always had oodles of guy friends when I was younger and now that I'm a wee bit older and a wee bit really married I find I have a hard time finding the balance between appropriate and inappropriate – I tell Mr. Man EVERYTHING just to be safe – if I ever feel like I have to hide something I'll know I'm over the line. Hopefully. ;)

12) If I weren't LDS I can almost guarantee you I'd never have had any kids. I LOVE being a mom. It was worth all the terrifying poking and prodding and doctors visits a thousand times over. I wonder if I'd have gotten married....

13) I am a terrible gardener. My thumbs are about as far from green as a thumb can get! (What IS the opposite of green?? Red? - THAT'S my problem....red's my favourite!)

14) I'm (usually) a fantastic cook. When I bother. Which is seldom.

15) I despise hot. Except for the inconvenience of snow ie. my car getting stuck, I much much much much muchly prefer winter to summer. You can always add a layer or a blanket or snuggle, but there's only so many layers you can take off...

16) I study kinesiology at school, but started at Brock undeclared before switching to accounting. THEN I found my head (no one in their right mind actually goes through accounting, SERIOUSLY!) and switched to kin. I LOVE my program.

17) I gave birth to Little Miss without any assistance from any medication of any sort. It wasn't as bad as I freaked myself out for and I'm definitely tough enough for that. I don't think it makes me better or worse than anyone, just there it is. I did it!

18) I'm contemplating growing my hair out long again, but figure I need to lose another 10 lbs or so to pull it off properly. Easier day-to-day upkeep as in I can throw it in a ponytail and go!! hahaha And I'm ALWAYS on the go sooooooo........ But I do oh so love my short(er, now) hair.

19) I very very rarely have anything to drink other than water. I prefer water in most cases. Most of the time in all cases, but there are occasions when a root beer just sounds so gooooooood...

20) I really only play the piano at church – if I try to practice at home now Little Miss takes over. She likes to grab my fingers and make me 'play' what she wants to play. I consequently never ever practice. As is evident on Sundays!

21) I can sing. Relatively speaking not a lot of people know that about me – it didn't really come out 'till we came to St. Catharines. I don't remember how it came out down here....when I was the primary music leader I 'couldn't' sing. Huh.

22) I am currently wearing a robe with a towel on my head as accessory. The robe has Tigger and Eeyore on the back. :) I am a walking (well, sitting....) fashion-plate!

23) I'm really really really bad at seeing things outside of the box. When I build with Little Miss's mega blocks, I build 4 walls and that's it. When I'm being creative. Usually it's just a tower. I'm HORRID at pull-these-things-together questions on tests at school. HORRID. I can tell you everything there is to know about something if you give me the something, but if you give me everything I can rarely come up with the something.

24) I spend most of my time wandering/sitting around with this awful burning sensation in my shoulders. It takes more effort to 'relax' my shoulders than to leave them be, and leave them be hurts most of the day.

25) It took me a LOOONG time to fill this out – 25 things is a LOT, even for someone as talented at talking about herself as I am!! WOW! I hope I haven't come across as too narcissistic! :)

(The fact that I wrote it on Facebook and then posted it on the blog probably doesn't help decrease the narcissistic factor... hahaha What can I say?! I am who I am!) ;)

OH YEAH! I almost forgot!! For anyone who actually read to the bottom - yay for you! - I weighed myself on Saturday. Yeah, weight is really a silly measure for this whole...how's my health thing. BUT sadly, it's one of the easiest ways we have.... ANYWAY, I gained 4.9lbs in THREE DAYS. Stupid weight. But I can tell you from the acne on my face that 'Auntie Flow' is on her way soooo... you know? LADIES - the scale is NOT any way to define yourself, okay?? Use it as a MEASURE, not as the be-all-and-end-all of your self-esteem!!

I'm really done now. ;)

2 comments:

stephs.unforgettable.moments said...

6km red...Yikes your getting up there. Slowly approaching me eh? ;)

Di said...

First of all...Your blog is really motivating. I love to read it and wish I could run as fast as you do. Second... I hate that you felt good when you were pregnant. Only because I am very jealous. And lastly I think you are amazing for doing child birth without meds. That is something I never even plan on trying. Ha ha