Back on TRACK

hahaha I'm all about the puns tonight - I just left the best comment on a blog. ;) hahaha Then with the TITLE.... MAN I'm killer! ;)

Okay, okay. So I'm here to report on the run today and share some fun, um, news, I guess.

Today I ran wearing THE SHOES! (Angels: aaaaahhhhhhhh!) It was fantastic. Actually, it felt weird, and probably how it should have been feeling all along! hahaha They're SO comfortable!! I was sad to take them off and put my boots back on. It's like running in SOCKS but without the jarring impact of stocking feet on hard ground.... ShopGirl, if these babies fit you as magically as they fit me, they're AMAZING!!

Now, I didn't run ALL Christmas break due to the cold, okay? And though I'm all better there's still like, the post-cold disgustingness goobering around. I actually choked on it today, but that's another, yes, very gag-inducing story. ;) AND Mi, whose excuse I did NOT get (lazy? what? TEASING, darling!) didn't run over her break EITHER, so when we met up today we were quite the pair! hahaha I'm 'running' SUPER slow to ease back in, she's arguing with me that running at that speed is using up more energy than if we were going faster and using momentum and all whatever blah blah blah (I hate it when we use our Kin smarts against each other...)and all the while we're arguing (obviously running our fastest if I have all that excess air to argue with...and actually sing along to Michael Buble, which I also did....). THEN Mi's knee started bugging her with her tight, unused-over-the-break IT band rubbing uncomfortably, so we stopped so she could stretch. Then we kept running. Then we stopped again 'cause I was whining (I'm SO good at whining) and Mi's knee was bugging her again. Then we walked a lap, ran a lap, walked a lap, ran a lap. We finished running the last two laps, did our 5K. And I'm pretty sure we didn't start the walk-run thing 'till after at least the first 3 were done. SOOOOOoo yeah. We're easing back into it. Give my lungs the week to get used to it again. ;)

And FINALLY, today, I've accepted ShopGirl's Challenge to drop that (silly, bad measure) BMI down. Furthest down by March 31 gets sushi lunch. Except ShopGirl etc. lives in Senior's City and, well, I don't. hahaha I'm fighting for bragging rights and smaller pants! SO, I'll keep you updated on my stats, at least, and at the end of March tell you who the big winner is - ShopGirl, Spart, TooKool, or YOURS TRULY!

TODAY: (the challenge starting point - thank goodness I was sick and put weight on over Christmas! hahaha)
Weight: 171.5lbs (that's up 5.3 since last time I weighed myself - yikes!! No WONDER I feel like a whale!!)
BMI: 27.57

0 comments: