Commence Week 2

Okay, so the house is better. Yesterday Mr. Man and I called in reinforcements (Dad and Bravo) and we went berserk. We completely revamped our living room and office, cleaned the kitchen, tidied everywhere....it was WONDERFUL. There's still work to be done (especially when my treadmill comes! BUT we've planned it's home, so YAY!) because it was SO bad, we need much more than a day to get on top of everything, but this should be manageable. And the hope was to make it MORE manageable i.e. I got rid of the area rug in my living room because I can't sweep it and it's a much bigger hassle to get the vacuum from the basement to get rid of the dirt than to run a broom through the area and I'm all about hassle-free!!

I did NOT specifically work out yesterday because I spent the day cleaning. Heavy lifting, constant moving....broke a sweat but didn't really raise the heart rate noticeably. Anyway, as PosseRae pointed out cleaning is exercise so BOO-yah!!

THIS week I'm hoping to get better into the swing of the new semester. I do have two classes for which exercises and logs etc. are mandatory (yay Kinesiology!) so that should help keep me going, and ShopGirl's challenge. Anyway, by FRIDAY I should have completed my SMART goals for my Training Principles class: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-limit, and have my log started sooo I'll get that stuff posted ASAP so we actually know what we're looking for this semester!!

In the meantime, a huge shout-out to Roo, who's also jumped on our exercise-blogging-training bandwagon! So let's DO this thing, shall we all???

3 comments:

stephs.unforgettable.moments said...

When does the tredmill come, eh eh??

Anonymous said...

i wanted to offer your friend roo some encouragement but i don't think her site wants me to?! Do i have to have a special account?
Mi.

Anonymous said...

Well... it's been a while since I creeped your blog and I thought it was high time for some creepin. What else could one do at 12:20 on a sunday morning.
I think I should probably start my own fitness blog, but I'm sort of lazy, and I don't think I'd have very much to say... but maybe it'd give me some motivation and something to compare myself to.

Oh... and I decided today that your baby is my favourite. I also just decided that I don't like the names nacho man or nacho king... they don't sound near vain enough for someone who plucks and reads mens health religiously.
That being said, I need a new name.... any suggestions?