Under 30

HI hi hi!!

OHMIGOSH I'm SO exhausted today!! BUT I had to get on to tell you - thanks wholly to Mi's evil-twin the Drill Sargent we finally pushed and got my 5K time UNDER 30 MINUTES!! WOOHOO!!! hahaha

Okay, so this is probably not too huge a deal. I've been running for a few months now and have been able to complete the 5K with relative ease for most of those few months having not started from sedentary blah blah blah. BUT over Christmas I DIDN'T run, with that ridiculous cold AND getting back INTO things I haven't RUN 5K yet since, well, whenever I did it last before Christmas. Just timing and whatever has always been off, so I've been more a 30-minute workouter including my warm-up. SOOOOOOOOoooo I finished my FIRST 5K of 2009 and it was my fastest EVER.

I guess I should tell you how 'fast' we did it, eh? I'm just not sure if your minds can handle such an incredible accomplishment.... ;)

Okay, okay. I'll tell you. Ready? 29:58!!

HAHAHA YUP! That's right! I did it in TWO SECONDS short of 30 minutes! BOOM BABY! Hey now, two seconds is HUGE at the Olympics.....

Anyway, then after the run from h*ll (I reeeeeeeaaaaaaally had a hard time staying motivated to push through to the end - my legs started out feeling like lead, my breathing wanted to just STOP after about 3K - it took all my concentration to keep going - if I was concentrating on running I was hyperventilating - if I was concentrating on breathing I was losing speed....) we went for a swim. It was pretty wimpy, I'll admit, but having just run 5K I don't think I was expecting anything else! Anyway, swam a few laps, gave Mi some pointers and/or encouragement (read: made fun of Mi, who is NOT better at me in swimming - I'm revelling in this fact! hahaha I hope you still love me, darlin'!)

So yeah, between all the running and swimming and then all my classes today (I'm on campus from 10-6:30 on Tuesdays, thankfully not always IN class which is where the time for the workouts comes in!!) and then an hour or so of Little Miss, I'm POOPED!!

Learning some fascinating stuff about exercise intensity, overload, and training effect, actually, so when I've less activity to report on and I'm feeling like tapping into my head I'll hopefully write about it - it's definitely good to know!! :)

4 comments:

stephs.unforgettable.moments said...

CONGRATS RED!
I AMMM SOOOO PROUD LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE. YOU DID IT AND IN THE TIME YOU WANTED AND THEN WENT SWIMMING DAMN RED YOUR INTENSE HAHA. I CAN DEFINTLY NOT DO THAT HAHA. BUT REALLY THATS AWESOME. CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT THE TRAINING FOR THE MISSISSAUGA RUN! MAYBE I'LL TAG ALONG

Shop Girl* said...

YAYYY!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! So proud of you!!!

Anonymous said...

"I still love you! One day i'll coordinate kicking, arm flaleing and breathing air (not water) at the same time! But you'll always beat me, no matter how much i like to swim. You did an awesome job on the run.Now lets look at some endurance running!!!"
- Mi
"Faster next time"
- Drill Sargent
= )

Anonymous said...

THAT is awsome! I'm really impressed!