Happy New Year

Hi there!

I haven't blogged because I haven't exercised. I still haven't, but figured I should let you know what's up. :)

I'm just now, finally, getting this stupid cold up and out of my chest, so should be able to get back at it hopefully this week. Now, of course, because I've put that out into space the rumbly remnants of this stupid cold will hang on forever... I had every intention of running over the Christmas break, buuuuuuuuut.... there we have it.

I would, though I haven't worked out yet (don't worry, I will. It's actually REQUIRED in two of my classes this semester: 'Training Principles', and 'Functional Fitness Assessment & Exercise Prescription' - I'm REALLY looking forward to these classes!!) like to FINALLY give you the rest of the low-down on my super-amazing-awesome Christmas presents!!

FIRST off, I got a gift certificate for a fantastic little runner's shop, where I quickly went to procure a new pair of SHOES!!


Asics GEL-CUMULUS 10

Remember how I had an inkling my runners were a bit too big and the beautiful blisters I managed to give myself?? Yeah, they were SO too big. AMAZING I was previously that inept at running-shoe buying. I can't stress ENOUGH the importance (and absolute PLEASURE) of having a pair of shoes that fits you properly (AHEM Blue Belle!).

SO with the stinking cold I had the whole break (which really just between yesterday and today has seemed to FINALLY vanish) I haven't run with them yet but I've worn them ALL over my mom's house for days on end, and can't wait to hit the track with them tomorrow (right, Mi??) It's going to be like running on clouds....

Okay okay okay, and I know I mentioned my incredibly-awesome-way-too-generous present from Santa and the conspirators (Mom and Mr. Man) - MY TREADMILL!! So after days and days of research, in-store testing, exhaustive questioning of sales staff bargain hunting and finally indecisiveness I was able to narrow my search to two machines. hahaha I could NOT decide from that point, to Mom made the final, executive decision, being the gift-giver, and I am getting....(drum roll, please....)

NordicTrack Elite zi

I'm super stoked. It's got a 3.0 chp motor, 60inch long belt, adjustable cushioning that reduces impact up to 33% as compared to road-running AND is the machine that a relatively negative-on-NordicTrack site reviews as being NordicTrack's best, and ticket back into the treadmill game. AND it's on SALE! hahaha

I won't have it for a while, though, because I hemmed and hawed so long that we didn't get it ordered before Mom left for vacation to Florida , but the plan is to order it pronto when she gets back next week. I'm sure I'll have tonnes to report when I do get it, so be as super excited as I am. :)

If you ever have an inkling to shop for a treadmill, do yourself a HUGE favour and do some research!! In most cases we found sales staff COMPLETELY useless and unhelpful. My decisions were based on going to the stores, seeing the models, the prices, picking what I liked, going home and checking out every review site I could possibly find and comparing them with the manufacturer's claims and on and on and on. By the end of the process I was helping other people in the stores maneuver around the useless sales staff.... So be careful - it's a big purchase and you want a machine that's going to do what you want it to without breaking down a few months in.

Hopefully I go for a run tomorrow on the track at school. Check back and make sure I do, will ya'? ;)

4 comments:

stephs.unforgettable.moments said...

the shooooeeesssss red the shooooeesss. They look so wicked. I must see them. And congrats on the santa gift, that is probably so much better then running outside. Considering I went and boy was it cold hehe. Keep me posted more on the running. I love it.

Shop Girl* said...

AH
I totally looked at those shoes over the break!! I think I'm going to get new ones this spring.... tell me how you like them!!

MrsSuzyQ said...

I have those shoes in teal (last years colour) They really make a difference. So comfy. I lost 35 lbs the first 5 months of having a treadmill (pacemaster proselect) . The cushioning is important. Maybe I lucked out but the guy at fitness depot was super helpful. Make sure you can adjust the incline and speed during preset programs. I made specific playlists that last as long as the programs; awesome fun. I know someone who just watches tv but I'd rather move with the music!!

Sarah said...

Hey!
I can't tell you what a difference getting the right shoes makes in your running. That and really good running clothes...ones that keep you cool and the sweat away...it took me a while to get all this stuff down. Lucky for me I've got a few friends that are several time marathoners...enjoy the world of running...it really gets adicting!