Bring it on, Fates! I'm still here!

So I've decided that when I tempt the fates with one of my posts i.e. my last one, they ALL descend upon me and just have at it! HOLY COW!! WHAT a second week of the semester!! Mr. Man asked me this past week if life is ever going to let up - we could really use a break. Like a real break. Not like Christmas break, which we'd been counting on, with illness and broken-down-vehicles and no time to rest, but a REAL break.

Anyway, if I'd found the time I was desperately searching for during the week to write here I'd have entertained you all with the latest tales of our woes, BUT it's another new week, we're STILL HERE (HA! Take THAT oh-conspiring-ones! That's right, you're going to have to BRING IT ON to beat US!), amazingly, still together, still in love, still enamoured with Little Miss, still in business, still FIGHTING!!

I find myself repeating over and over Blue Belle's mantra: 'I can do hard things!'

SO, HERE, finally are my SMART goals (SMART: Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Realistic, with a Time limit) for the semester as completed for my 'Training Principles' class:

Cardiorespiratory Endurance
By the end of the semester I aim to be able to run 5K in 26 minutes. Current time 30-31 minutes. Would also like to train to be able to run 10K in one session. (This is prep for 5K race in Mississauga in May)
Will run more regularly (3-4 times per week) adjusting speed and incline of treadmill accordingly, to increase.

Muscular Strength
By the end of the semester I aim to be able to do one one-armed push-up. Currently not able to fully complete any.
Will work on two-armed pushups working toward single armed push-ups 2-3 times per week including holding myself up with one hand in plank position, working towards ability to flex and extend elbow while holding body in plank position. Will also regularly practice yoga and pilates to aid completion of goal.

Muscular Endurance
By the end of the semester I aim to be able to do (at least) 50 push-ups in a row. Currently able to do: 16
As with Muscular Strength goal will work on push-ups and one-armed push ups, and regularly practice yoga and pilates to help.

Flexibility
By the end of the semester I aim to be able to sit and reach the heel of my hands to my toes. Currently able to reach mid-fingers to toes.
Will 3 times a week practice yoga and pilates to encourage increased mobility and flexibility in joints, including pilates and yoga poses that target reaching hands to & past feet.

Body Composition
By the end of the semester I aim to have lost the rest of my pregnancy “fluff”. Will aim to lose 10 pounds but main measure will be pant-size (may not actually lose weight if muscle mass increases); will fit size 8.
Will accomplish this by working on above-listed goals and adjusting diet to reduce fast-food and dessert intake.

Okay, got it? THOSE are the goals. That's what we're working for this semester. Keep checking - I'll be posting about my progress!!

At SOME point last week...I forget when, I WiiFitted myself for:
Weight: 168lbs
BMI: 27...I think just 27. I'd have to double-check and/or do the math and I don't wanna do the math right now. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty ambitious.... it took me a day or so to remember that word and it's not even hard... I just forgot it. I was like "that seems pretty ..... crap!... i forgot the word!!" It happens far too frequently.
On a side note: did you know it is correct to put two exclamation marks (!!) after a sentence, but not three (!!!).
Anyway, yeah, the pushup things are sort of a big deal... I can barely do one handed ones and I have a beard (which sort of makes me a big deal) also... not to remark on weight or anything.... but we weigh about the same (which is good for me cus I've gained some :D ) anyway... 50 pushups is a lot... for a girl :p

Red said...

50 MIGHT be an overreach - Mi's goal, I think, was 70 and I figured there's no WAY so I picked 50. I'm looking at it and thinking....maybe not..... BUT we'll see how it goes. I'm perfectly happy to adjust that number as necessary as the goal-achievement goes along.

It's AMAZING how heavy my hips are when I'm in plank..... (sigh) Boys have it so easy! hahaha