Birthday Week

I didn't post yesterday because I didn't do anything yesterday. I mean anything physical-activity-related that I could post about. I put Little Miss to bed last night and then I DIED. Even my beloved yogilates didn't sound appealing, and so I figured it was a good night to take off, so I did. :) It's not going to help me on my shopping outing with Numero Mom-O BUT it was apparently much needed.

SO today, I wanted to start good. I got up and went for a run. Back to my old path. Yeah, apparently when you give yourself a blister as big as the one I gave myself earlier this week you need to give yourself some extra time for it to heal. OR some extra padding in that blistered area. Would have been good to know. The big blister from the other day? It's currently at least double its original size. AND I wore socks today!! I just wasn't all better, apparently! GAH!

And I have to admit, it's really hard to try to lay off the sweets the week of your birthday when all these people who you LOVE are going above and beyond to give you the World's Greatest not-good-for-you food. Bad week to decide to really start to watch it. You will notice that since posting that I'm going to set a goal with regards to the shopping trip that I haven't actually got around to it yet - so HARD to set a goal when eating so much cake and ice cream!! I DO, thankfully, think that birthday celebrations are OVER, so I can get down to business, and hopefully a size or two. ;) hahaha

TODAY:
YES I did get up and go for a run. And despite the pain on my foot half way back I ran my entire path today. I was pleased because I haven't run the path for ages now. Probably since before school started and I got all sick, eh? Anyway, it's been a good while. Ran it with ease this morning, except the blister. Took 26 minutes running. Walked probably about 25 minutes, to the path, back from the path - it's apparently a good little jaunt from home!! And I doubt I was going as fast home as away from with the gimped up foot...

I did NOT get yogilates in today, which I knew would happen but am disappointed about because I missed yesterday, because Little Miss and I went up and met Mr. Man's family (and Mr. Man when he was finally finished work) for dinner (and dessert, and PRESENTS!) tonight.

I think I'm going to go pop this monster-of-a-blister so it doesn't pop itself and kill me tomorrow. I really want to run at least 5K on the track at school, like, NOW, so as soon as the foot's all non-blistered. OH! And I've decided that I prefer, at least for now, running on the track. Boring, eh? See, it's so NOT boring, though, because the whole time I'm running I'm keeping track of my exact distance, counting laps, adding up meters, figuring out how far I've gone. Running outside is just outside. It's pretty and all that, but I have NO IDEA how far I've gone or how far I have left to go. I should check that site that Blue Belle posted - I'll check it out and tell you about it if it's any good. ;)

No Wii Fit measures today - didn't get on. :( I'm gonna' get yelled at! hahaha

2 comments:

Shop Girl* said...

I think it's awesome that you've found a track you love! But if you ever do want to venture out onto the streets, you should buy a pedometer! They are so cheap at Walmart, and then you can track exactly how far you go each time! :)

Red said...

GENIUS! Shop Girl, you're the glue that's keeping me together with this! hahahaha THANKS for the tip! :)