Detox Day 1

Today, was a good day.  It really was.  I tidied up, vacuumed the bedrooms (yes I vacuumed. I know, right? Win!)  Went outside of my comfort zone a little and uh, 'applied' for a wee teeny tiny little bitty 'job' I really wanted, had a fabulous lunch, practiced singing for this production I'm participating in in March, helped Mr. Man work out some of his work woes, GOT the teeny tiny no-big-deal-but-HUZZAH job (more on that later, I promise. It's not actually coming up for a while, so don't get your knickers knotted wondering/guessing about it. I'll tell you when it's time!) watched a tv show, fell asleep on the couch for a bit, taught piano lessons, played lego, ate dinner prepared by my Mr., and went to an awesome kickboxing class.

See? It really WAS a good day. :-D I TOLD you!

Detox day 1.... I need to do some groceries. hahaha  AND I need to place an Epicure order! Oy!  I'll have to put that on tomorrow's to-do list...

Anyway, there has been some interest not only in what I'm eating, but recipes and ideas, as well.  So, I figure I'll just tell you what I ate each day and if there's a recipe involved I'll share it, sound good??

I most often start my mornings now with eggs - I have been cautioned against eating the same thing every day because you can develop food sensitivities, BUT I'm just not that creative and I really LIKE eggs.  And on busy mornings I have boiled eggs - I pop a couple of eggs in a pot, NEARLY cover them with water, pop them on the stove, and then get back to my everything-that-needs-to-be-done in the morning.  It's easy, it's yummy, it's not cereal. Which I now haven't eaten in months - weird!   Anyway, I also eat a small bunch of nuts. Right now, usually cashews (they're my favourite - I don't actually like nuts very much so this is one of the hardest things about detoxing I find) or pistachios, neither of which are technically nuts, I know, but we're ignoring that 'cause they totally count.  And when I say a small bunch of nuts I'm talking like, 5 or 6 cashews.

I'm going to show you my lunch today - it's the only "recipe"-able thing I ate today, really!  And it's not really a recipe - I throw whatever's laying around into my salad. Yum!   Today I had romaine lettuce, some cabbage, some broccoli-slaw, crushed pecans and sunflower seeds.  I cleaned and chopped and threw it all together with a couple cut-up chicken breasts (Mr. Man was home - salad for two!) that I cooked in olive oil (this isn't the best oil for cooking, but it's what I have. I've been looking for coconut oil or something that's more stable than olive buuuut I really can't be bother popping from store to store to store getting different parts of my grocery list. If I can't get it at one store then I probably won't get it. hahaha) and sprinkled liberally with Epicure's Red Garlic Sansel.  Then I use just a wee bit of an oil-based dressing - ideally I would make my own olive-oil based dressing but I'm often too lazy to bother so get some balsamic vinaigrette or something from the store, aaaand the DELICIOUS combination ends up looking like...


This is SO SO SO yummy.  Usually I put in diced up mushrooms, but I didn't have any today. 

Yes, salad without tomatoes or cucumber.  I HATE tomatoes and cucumbers. Ick. Ick ick ick.  And don't tell me that cucumber has no taste. It TOTALLY does and ruins EVERY SINGLE BITE I accidentally (or out of courtesy, purposefully....shudder) choke back.  

And then dinner I was GOING to do this yummy pork stir fry, buuut as I mentioned I totally fell asleep and then had to dash off to teach piano, so when I got home Mr. Man offered to make us all bacon and eggs (WIN - this is TOTALLY MEAT so edible on detox days! BOOyah!) and I took him up on it.  I almost NEVER eat eggs for other meals when I have them for breakfast, but today was, obviously an exception.  And my dinner was DELISH. (Thanks, Mr. Man! MUAH!)

Snacking today?  Just chipping away at my bag of broccoli-slaw.  I have to replenish my veggie stash, hopefully tomorrow, so I have a bit more variety tomorrow.

What am I craving??  An ORANGE.  I found not eating fruit the hardest part of detoxing last time I did it, too.  I LOVE fruit.  I LOVE sitting on the couch at the end of the day, zoning out to something stupid on Netflix, and chowing down on a giant orange.  Drooling.  Last time the hardest thing was not eating apples.  The difference is probably that I had a big bag of BEAUTIFUL apples when I started last time, and this time, there are four giant, fabulously juicy bright orange navel oranges taunting me in the kitchen. 

Sigh

And now, I'm off!  Hope your Tuesday was as fabulous as mine!  Happy detoxing! :-D 

0 comments: