Detox Day 2

Today, I did groceries. hahaha

For breakfast I made egg-in-a-frame using peppers as the frame - I saw this in a commercial on TV last week and have made it a couple of times and it's YUMMY!  I don't know what exactly they did in the commercial, but I slice a pepper NOT the long way, so I end up with 'round' bits of pepper, then plop them in the frying pan and crack an egg in the middle.



Easy peasy and supper yummy.  

Lunch was for Mr. Man and myself again, and right after my groceries run, so I had more options! hahaha  We went for minute steaks with onions & mushrooms and a side of peas - I love me some frozen peas! SO quick and SO tasty!

So we sliced and diced our vegetables (and by WE I mean Mr. Man - he sliced and diced while I put groceries away and prepped the pan and cheered him on - thanks darlin'!)


And I've taken to buying up meat when I'm at the store that has this FABULOUS little orange sticker on it! So eating this was has actually proven to be much CHEAPER than my groceries before, which I am constantly surprised and thrilled about.  Huzzah cheap meat! hahaha

So we fried up the veggies for a while, then painted some BBQ sauce onto the minute steaks, and plopped them down in the pan with the veggies.  Cooked the whole kit n' caboodle for a couple minutes, turning the steaks, and voila: 

LUNCH!
It was super yummy.

Dinner was pork tenderloin cut up and cooked in a yummy teriyaki sauce (using Epicure's Teriyaki Seasoning) with frozen stir-fry veggies and I felt like cauliflower, so cauliflower. :-D  I made rice for Mr. Man and Little Miss as well to go with their stir fry, but I just ate the cauliflower and stir fry. It was yummy.   And another super quick one to make.

Sorry the picture's so much worse - the sun was WAY down by dinnertime, it being winter and all, soooo my natural light LEFT me! hahaha  BOO! Don't they know I'm taking photos of food?!?!
Snacks - as I didn't have any nuts at breakfast I've had a handful to snack on, and bought myself some sugar peas for crunching on when the need arises. Maybe tomorrow I'll mix it up and have nuts and veggies at ONCE and call THAT a snack!

So, sorry this is a boring post for those looking for the ins and outs of life, but nothing much happened today, really.  I chatted with my mommy on the phone, firmed up plans for Mr. Man's birthday (tomorrow) celebrating on the weekend aaaaaand cleaned the kitchen! Yay me!

Until tomorrow, then! Happy eating!

0 comments: