Texting Dad

(image from: http://lmg.letmeget.net/blog/texting-symbols-list-facebook)

Recently, my Dad has skyrocketed himself into the twenty-first century and figured out how exactly to work the text messaging function on his phone.  It's kind of fabulous, and really cute to hear how he's been regularly texting my mom while she's been away (in Florida - horrors! hahaha). 

Anyway, to mark the occasion, I sent him a text message congratulating him on his newly acquired skillz, and we have since become text buds.

Then, a few days ago now, we got a phone call at the house.  Mr. Man picked it up, listened, and hung up before announcing that Dad had texted us to find out about Mr. Man's job prospects.

This made me smile - it's not the first time someone has accidentally selected our home number instead of cell number(s) when sending us a text message, and we always just smile and return-text from our cells. 

So I texted Dad:


You texted our house phone. :-) :-) Always makes for an interesting phone call! 

AND I got THE GREATEST RESPONSE EVER:

Sorry.  Made a mistake.  I remember phones that had a crank on the side and you placed a call by verbally telling the operator what number you wanted.  Our number at home when I was a kid was 346 ring 1 3. When the phone rang it was not always for us.  Only if there was on long ring followed by three short ones. It was called a party line. Anyone on the line could pick up and listen in.  I have come a long way but apparently have far to go. :s

BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 

Ohmigoodness, I love my Dad! 

0 comments: