Detox Days 5, 6 & 7

Hi!

Sorry for the weekend hiatus, but I had a fabulous weekend and kind of kept away from the computer a bit.

Saturday we actually had NOTHING on. NOTHING!  It was FABULOUS. All three of us lounged around the house in our pjs until about noon, playing games, chill axing, eating breakfast.... huh - totally drawing a blank on what we ate. hahaha PROMISE I didn't cheat, though.  Okay, chatting with Mr. Man I think I had a couple of boiled eggs. Oy, how we forget such monumental moments! ;-)  Snacked on nuts, crab meat...don't remember if I grabbed any veggies....probably not, WHOOPS! Anyway, we ran some errands, cleaned the house, played some more, and then Mr. Man and I, get this....WENT ON A REAL DATE!!

I KNOW, right? CRAZY!!

We got a baby-sitter and the whole nine yards!

Dinner AND a movie!!

We went to Jack Astor's for dinner - there is ONE detox-friendly salad on the menu, and it was DELICIOUS.  AND I didn't have to make it!  And, because we were dining out and having some fun we even splurged and had SPARKLING water. hahaha  OOOOOOooo CRAZINESS!

Then we FINALLY went to see the new Sherlock Holmes flick.  I, personally, LOVE the first one, and got a big kick out of reading one of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's collections near the end of last year.  I find Holmes to be just a hilariously delightful character and LOVE Robert Downey Jr in the role.  So yeah, basically it was the perfect evening.

We even TALKED over dinner.

GASP


And then Sunday I was off to class for the day!  Ate some eggs and nuts for breakfast, took some leftover spaghetti squash and sauce for lunch (it's yummy cold, too!), and then came home to a house full of family!  My in-laws trekked down for the afternoon/evening to celebrate Mr. Man's turning even OLDER, and spoiled us with a fabulous, detox-friendly meal of flank steak, asparagus, cauliflower, and a scrumptious salad (and for non-detoxers, potatoes, cheese sauce for the veggies, escargot & bread, plus black forest cake).  Another FABULOUS detoxing meal I didn't have to prepare.

See?  TOTALLY spoiled over the weekend. FABULOUS.

Today, I weighed myself, just to see where I am, post Christmas eats (for the record, it was NOT my mother's fault that I totally binged on cinnamon buns.  I did it willingly and knowingly...and even made myself a pair of elastic-waistband pj bottoms so I had pants that would grow with me as I gorged on...everything in sight! Whoever said 'nothing tastes as good as thin feels' has NOT eaten at my mother's house!) and with almost a week of detox and back to kickboxing, and I was happy to see that I'm not imagining feeling better - I'm 5 lbs down from my last weigh-in before Christmas.  Which was great to see!

Then, tonight, at kickboxing, I thought, what the heck, let's see where I'm at since last Monday night, 'cause I was weighed to start off our 'biggest loser' challenge at the club.

I'm down 5 lbs from last MONDAY.

Holy COW.

So...there are multiple reasons.

1 is definitely the detox, no question.  I feel fabulous.  And it's funny, as much as I LOVE all the stuff that's proven to be not great for me, when I'm cooking for myself now I don't WANT it, you know? I want a giant plate of veggies with some sort of meat.  Dinner tonight was a chicken breast smothered in Epicure's Italian sansel (I prefer the Red Garlic for sure) with carrots and green beans. It was DELISH.

2 is definitely...I was being visited by my, uh, monthly 'FRIEND' last Monday. hahaha And that usually, honestly, puts about 5 lbs on me each time anyway.

3 - I'm working like crazy at kickboxing. It's kicking my butt but I'm kicking back. MUAHAHAHA!

Anyway, that's the weekend re-cap.  Detox goes 'till next Monday, then I'll be reporting on Cheat Meal Tuesday (BOOyah!  ...unless I do it Wednesday 'cause I teach piano on Tuesdays and it's hard to make dinner....so if I hold off a day and do it Wednesday I can spend ages in the kitchen prepping my feast...which will totally include a giant cookie, by the way.)

Okay, I have some chillaxing to fit in before falling asleep tonight!  Happy Monday, everyone!

Oh, and check out my post on Crafty Betties today, if you're into crafty stuff - we post Mondays and Thursdays about all sorts of different things!  It's very Holly-Homemakerish, and very cool. ;)

Cheers!

0 comments: