Detox Days 8-11 & the epic FAIL

Howdy, folks!

So, the past week has been fabulous. I've eaten great foods, lots of variety, lots of yummy things.  Eggs in the mornings, meat & veggies and snacks in the non-mornings.

And as I've gone I've even taken photos of some of my favourites so I can share them with you.

But, today, I have to confess.

And every time I have to confess, I feel like it's OKAY, because, this IS "Confessions of a Kin Major," and while I may have graduated my Kin degree and have moved on to....more school....I still make "mistakes" and have things to fess up.

So, here's what happened.

I have four nieces. They are spectacular.  And today the oldest one turned 8.  And Little Miss had a day off school today - is it PA or PD day now, I don't even know - soooo we decided to trek up to visit the family and surprise our nieces with a Happy Birthday visit and sleepover.

HUZZAH!

So after a morning kickboxing class (I got four classes in this week!  Including what Sensei G calls an "F-U Day," and yes, F & U stand for....exactly what it sounds like. hahaha The idea is that by the end of it everyone in the class should be yelling that particular expletive at him or he's not worked us hard enough... it's a brilliant workout) we ran around like mad and got ourselves organized, and out of town.  To surprise the girls getting off the school bus, play some games, craft some jewellery, make birthday dinner, and then eat said dinner.

Dinner was chicken parmesan with whole wheat spaghetti, shrimp, escargot with bread for dipping in the garlic butter, caesar salad with homemade croutons (I made them!), broccoli, & sparkling grape juice.

I did NOT eat that.  Promise.  My darling SIL kept a hunk of chicken from being smothered in cheese for me, and I didn't eat bread dipped into melted garlic butter.  I didn't eat the croutons in my salad, nor the escargot (um, ew?), and I had water to drink.

Dinner was delicious!!

Then we cleaned up, gathered gifts, and the celebratory birthday dessert started coming out of the kitchen.  Including a rousing version of "Happy Birthday To You" from everyone, of course!

So, the birthday girl, for her 'cake,' requested the following:

brownies

vanilla ice cream

whipped cream (the icky kind in a can, that tastes deliciously like whipped butter.....drool)

chocolate sauce

jujubes

Oh. My.

And for some reason, the brownie 'cake' which was decorated with jujubes, ended up right in front of myself and my other SIL at the table.  Just sitting there.

Taunting me.

..... I don't know how it happened, but all of a sudden an orange jujube found its way into my mouth....
And since the detox is kind of ruined with a jujube....it seemed a little pointless to bother keeping up with it after that point! 

Yes, those white flecks all over the table are from my liberal application of whipped cream to my, uh, mountain of dessert.
I swear it didn't look that big from where I was...nom nom nom...oh, never mind!
So... I totally caved.  I just gave in.  I WANTED brownies, ice cream, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce!  I mean, who in their right mind WOULDN'T want those things?? 

And you know what? I'm totally FINE with the fact that I ate that giant mound of dessert.  IT WAS YUMMY.  It was a special occasion.  I haven't eaten dessert since Christmas.  I AM back into the pants I busted out of over Christmas, with a little bit of wiggle room.  I went to four kickboxing classes this week instead of 'just' three. I've learned how to eat properly for MY body.  

And except for the GINORMOUS zit that's taken up residence on my face at the moment, I look fabulous. 

So, I'm good. 

Tomorrow I won't have dessert.  Or bread.  Or crepes (which is the planned breakfast - I'll think of my last delicious outing with crepes over Christmas and then whip myself up some eggs).  And in another few days or so, maybe I'll have 'earned' my next splurge/cheat.  But I'm good with today's.  

It was delicious. 

1 comments:

Elisabeth said...

you are amazing for doing 4 kickboxing classes! Yes, you deserved that brownie, whipped cream, yumminess! By the way, I have to loose 15-25 pounds by May to get into a brides maid dress.... so I'm basically on the same diet as you.