What happened to October Goals?

Soooooooo I've been slacking. I'm happy to be the first to admit it, and sad that I am at a point where I have to say it. I DO think the midterms are a good, not EXCUSE, but REASON for having taken more time for school than for exercise this week ;) (my grades will definitely agree, I promise you), but I've let myself get so burnt out feeling that my non-studying time has been spent doing NON exercise things. But I DID make this WHICH I think is pretty cool. AND is work-related so it wasn't even like I was WASTING time!!

Anyway, I'm watching a video taken earlier today of me emceeing a children's talent show (we're giving the kids the video for Christmas) and feeling like a WHALE. I look GINORMOUS and THEN some poundage!! GAH!! Hopefully I'm the only one who will ever watch this video and think that, but it's discouraging.

At the same time, I had a great...encourager? hahaha today - I put on a pair of dress pants that Mom-O and I bought a good while ago, post-pregnancy, that were kinda' snug at the time but I figured, hey, if I need 'em I have 'em. Anyway, they're almost HUGE on me today, which in light of the fact I feel like a whale must mean I was beyond large when I bought them. But they're HUGE today, which means I'm SMALLER! Which means, IT IS WORTH IT to run 5K periodically!!

One more midterm, on Monday, and then expect to hear about me being totally and completely back on track. And leave me mean and rude comments about being a fat-reared slacker. PLEASE. I need all the help I can get!!

Thanks for "listening" to me tonight - a bit of a pity-party rant, but it is what it is.

4 comments:

Jennifer Rae said...

You made that...I am so not that talented.

Anonymous said...

We'll be slackers together!!! WAH!!!

I know how you're feeling though...I only worked out once this week. Whatever happens though, you're not a fat-reared slacker...just a temporary slacker!

Whatever you do, don't lose motivation. This is just a phase that you'll pull through, not the beginning of the end. A speed bump if you will.

Hey, we're going to go jogging on Monday right?? 11am, but I'll be ready and changed for 10:50 this time just in case you're early. That way I won't be late for my observations!

Anonymous said...

BECCA!
Pfft putting off a little bit of running isn't a big deal at all. I've defitnly done it, and yeah you feel like blah, But you know yourself you can get back to it. Sometimes the break for the body is good as much as we think its bad.

Focus on what you have done already. Your able to run 5 FREAKIN km. Thats amazing. You transitioned from being a walker, to a jogger, to a runner. Next to a racer haha.

Just keep going. Every day is a new start to try it all new. If you want I have two amazing book magzines I can show you. And if you even more want. We can run together:) The motivation from another person is always good as well.

Keep it up. I saw this amazing quote from the run I did sunday. It said: The pain will disapear but the pride will last forever.
(and you've already had tones of pain, i.e the blisters, being sick, the fainting etc.) But look at the pride of running that 5km.

Anonymous said...

I think you should run with me tomorrow (Tuesday) and you'll feel so much better about yourself... muah ha ha.
Please?