Let's get serious

Okay, so I just wanted to address a couple of things.

FIRST off THANKS to everyone for comments both on and off the blog - it really helps with my own motivation. ESPECIALLY people who are setting their own fitness goals - I LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear about them!!

Here's the let's-get-down-to-business part: I hope that you realize that, at least for now, this is a HUGE part of my life - I go to school every day to study the human body and how it works and moves and why things do this and that and the next thing. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE what I do. Granted, cellular physiology can get a bit dry but when you put it in the big picture - HEY COOL! (Did you know you use calcium in your MUSCLES to allow for the use of energy? That's right, it's NOT JUST for your bones!)

For quite literally years now I have been immersed in all things physical/fitness related. I can't get enough.

SO if you're setting your OWN goals and/or plans and think hey-maybe-I'm-NOT-as-up-on-this-stuff-as-my-buddy-Red-because-I'm-a-genius-at-economics (FASCINATING subject, by the way) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE feel free to tap into ME and get some feedback! And no OF COURSE I don't think I'm the be-all-and-end-all of fitness knowledge, obviously. Well, I hope that's obvious. Mi, if you read this post you'll laugh - you KNOW I'm not smart in all things this-related! hahaha BUT hopefully I can help dissuade some of the silliness that a lot of us find so easy to buy into.

TAKE IT SLOW - you don't want to lose weight to fast! Your body likes its weight where it is, even if you're 300lbs! It takes being a weight for about a year for that weight to be your body's new favourite weight SO, SERIOUSLY with weight loss you want to go at the pace of the tortoise. If you take a hare approach to it your body is going to try DESPERATELY to snap itself back to it's favourite weight, wherever you just came from. Don't DO that to yourself - you want the hard work to pay off for good!!

I was asked in the comments on my last post if I'd recommend the Wii Fit - it totally depends on the person. Any training regime is going to depend on the person - do what you love to do! My CONCERN with the Wii Fit is that it's probably not enough for an active person. You have to use it wisely, I'd say, to get a good workout from it. On the OTHER HAND, if you DO weigh 300lbs and live on the couch, the Wii Fit will get your ginormous butt OFF the couch and won't let you push yourself too hard, so it's awesome for that.

My FAVOURITE part about the Wii Fit is the charts and graphs so I have a visual of my progress. Even with my weight yo-yoing back and forth each day, as everyone's does (YES that's normal), I can see a general downwards trend in my weight. It's very encouraging. So, take that as you will - Wii Fit is FUN and for some people, the perfect fit to get started exercising. For me...it's just fun and a good way to track myself.

Okay, longest post ever?? Probably. If you ARE working on your own goals and want some input from a way-too-pushy me, please by all means feel free to drop me a line in the comments or e-mail me: redlovestomove@gmail.com. This stuff is WHAT I DO so I'm ALWAYS happy to help. :)

TODAY:
60 minutes yogilates - interrupted by a phone call, which I would have just let ring BUT I forgot to turn the ringers off after putting Little Miss to bed and so DASHED to the phone the instant I heard it. THEN it was about work so I took a breather for a few minutes while that got sorted out. Was actually like, right at the 30-min mark, so broke things right in half.

Wii Fit measures:
Weight: 175.3lbs
BMI: 28.17

And I realize I'm BEYOND due for photos of the jelly doughnut - I'll get on it, eventually. Kinda' hasn't been priority lately. ;) My legs are hard as rock, though, in case you were wondering. muahahaha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you say your legs are as hard as rock!!!!! makes my life haha...or at least made me laugh outloud

Anonymous said...

oops not in a bad way, sorry I don't mean sarcasticlly hehe.