The Fates are against me

So the week started with a way-too-busy and sleep-deprived weekend and has been non-stop ever since. Before today I'd only managed 9 minutes of yogilates the whole week, and Mr. Man was SO nice last night to point out that TODAY is Thursday! WHERE did the whole week go?!?!

Yesterday was not a BAD day, but it was one of THOSE days, you know? All the LITTLE things went wrong. Like, I went to pay tuition expecting a huge line and paid $2.50 for and hour's parking and went and there was NO line, which was nice, but I was all done on campus in 15 minutes! Hello, where's my $2.50??? Stupid metre. Then I went to the bank machine in the grocery store to deposit a whack-load of cheques from my work over the weekend, put my card in the ATM and...nothing. The screen was completely blank. I DID get my card out, but no deposit. THEN Little Miss wouldn't take her nap 'till 2:30 (same today - what is WITH that child?? I TRY to be regular with her! GAH!) THEN I got a message about working last night and that maybe we wouldn't have to but oh-wait, had to JUST IN CASE people came, so couldn't get it done during the afternoon, so had to spend nap-time getting ready for work, which was fine. Then drove Little Miss to my pals' house so they could watch her 'till Mr. Man got home from work so I could go to work, and on the way there was a bicyclist right where I needed to turn right and a car on my bum...soooo I pulled FAR over to the right, BEHIND the cyclist so as not to cut him off and cause him to drive into the side of my car while still prepping for my right turn AND ever-so-considerately getting out of the way of the wonderful human being(s) in the vehicle behind me...AND they passed me, honked at me, and flipped me off. WHAT THE HECK?!?! OH and the best thing is that right before I left for work last night I got a shipment in of work stuff and the box is FULL of all the wrong stuff because apparently I mistyped the same thing THREE TIMES when ordering it. AND I need it by next Tuesday and it won't get here in time now.

Yup, it was one of THOSE days yesterday.

So I did NOT get out for a walk, a run, a jog, I did not get time to take my body test on my Wii Fit (it surprisingly didn't scold me today - it usually does. Maybe it thought it would go easy on me since I've just previously been scolded for missing three days over the weekend...yes, I'm a trooper).

TODAY...
has been better. Except the weird nap time thing. I do EVERYTHING I can to make Little Miss' days the same and last week we were all about noontime naps - you may have read about it: I LOVE NOONTIME NAPS!! THIS week....no idea. She's all over the place. Today she fell asleep drinking milk from a bottle at 2 and I put her down and she WOKE UP and stood up and was all HI-MOM!-I'm-SO-ready-to-play-now, so I picked her back up, did a round of the house hoping she'd doze back off, and she didn't. So I put her down and left her screams, and it took her 40 minutes to doze off and a good extra 20 to be completely out of it. INSANE! I'm going to have to wake her for dinner!!
I DID take the opportunity, finally, to get in 45 minutes yogilates
And this morning we went out for a run. Funny story about that - ran a little further today and thought I was going to die, and as I was JUST finishing my last strides of "running" my little old man friend from the other muddy muddy day, when I FIRST ran the whole path, was right there, fixing his car!! So Little Miss and I stopped to chat. EXCEPT I had JUST stopped running, and hadn't walked it off yet, so my poor little heart's beating twenty-trillion miles/minute and I honestly thought I was going to pass out. So here's Mr. Chat-It-Up going on about how he can't fix his car at his condo because it's not allowed and the only thing I'M thinking is, dude-I-hope-you-have-a-cell-phone-to-call-911-'cause-I'm-going-to-pass-out-and-you-can't-lift-me!! I hope I wasn't rude to him when I finally figured out something that at the time seemed a good way to get back to moving - I can't for the life of me remember what it was - and then Little Miss and I made our way SLOWLY back home. I honestly thought I was at least going to puke, if not collapse, let the stroller full of baby roll away from me into the dam-outflow in the river, and come to and wish I was dead.

Yup. It was a REALLY good run today. Note to self - they're serious when they recommend you take a few to "cool down" - remember to do that. ALWAYS.

Wii Fit Measures
Weight - 177.7
BMI - 28.56

Maybe tomorrow we'll see some progress...I'll get up SUPER early and weigh myself! hahaha

0 comments: