Illness blows....my nose!

This morning I woke up to the sounds of Little Miss crying, waiting for one of her wonderful parents to come and rescue her from the prison that is her crib, and felt as though my head had been run over, back and forth, back and forth, by a mack truck throughout my sleep. Thankfully, with Mr. Man working later hours this week he's happy to get up and spend time with Little Miss, so he did this morning, and instead of getting up to go for a run with my incredibly over-stuffed-with-snot-and-gunk head I went back to sleep.

I know, I know. It might sound lazy, but I HATE having a cold. I want a cold to get in, do it's business, and get the HECK out as soon as possible, so I spend as much time as possible when I'm sick doing as little as possible so my poor ailing body can fight the good fight against whatever on Earth is infecting my innards and causing them to leak out my nose.

Too bad yesterday I didn't know I was going to be sick today, or I would have gone for a run then. Huh. One of those hindsight's 20/20 moments, I guess. Maybe I should just start overacheiving a bit regularly and run EVERY DAY, so then when I have a sick day, or week, it's not such a big deal. And maybe I'd be oh so wicked-uber-hot faster, too. Huh. What a novel idea. Work begets results. Who knew??

I think I'm really onto something here!

In the meantime I won't bore you with the tale of how Little Miss and I messed up my Wii Fit goals and Mr. Man made it worse and then fixed it - I didn't get to tell you about my weight gain yesterday as we were trying to outsmart the Fit and get my goal set back as something feesible instead of a BMI of 0.85 with a weight of 5lbs. Serious. It was weird.

TODAY:
45 minutes yogilates - I watched the first 20 minutes or so of the intermediate workout today to see if I think I'm ready. I think with the cold and the whole...yeah I'm not ready to try and do that stuff yet. I'll need Mr. Man to be on standby to help me get out of some of those moves! I don't think my legs will ever be that flexible! BUT I'm going to give myself another good while on my beginner DVD and then actually TRY the intermediate. One day when I'm NOT sick. Maybe my birthday.
A whopping 15 minutes of Wii Fit aerobics - light, low intensity, got my heart going without killing my poor stuffy head. And I do LOVE the hoola hoop game, and the rhythm boxing makes me feel tough. ;)

Wii Fit Measures
Weight - 178.6 lbs
BMI - 28.70

Boo for being heavier, BUT it's just a scale so doesn't really matter. We'll do another picture of the spare tire next month and see how the progress is going that way. My darling friends tonight tell me I look good - Mr. Man must have paid them good! ;) hahaha KIDDING! I KNOW I'm hot. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent Blog, I just got all caught up on the entries I missed. All your hard work is paying off! You look great! I know I told you that tonight already, but I can tell you have been working out... now it sounds like I'm hitting on you. Haha.

Red said...

It is still nice to hear that the work is paying off, because the measuring would sure show otherwise! ;) Not to FISH for compliments, of course...keep 'em coming! hahaha