In the beginning...

Little Miss

So I'm a normal girl, I think. Well, with a few exceptions, but exceptions are actually normal, aren't they? Anyway, that's besides the point.

As with what seems to be most girls out there I have been struggling, at least mentally, with my weight forever. I'm not a big girl, but I need some work. I'm bigger than I was before I had the Little Miss, 11 months ago, today, actually. So, I know I had a baby less than a year ago, but I'll only be able to say that for another month. What, really, is the hold up?

Actually, I'm finding it incredibly difficult to balance everything I'm trying to do in my life such that I can exercise regularly. I was good to go before Little Miss, but SHE'S so active I find I spend all my time chasing her around and I don't find time to clean the house AND exercise.

Anyway, I was working on some business stuff on the computer today and found myself surfing away from topic to my friend's blog where she's posted some of her exercise accomplishments, and I, being a lemming, thought it was a GENIUS idea to blog about my exercise pursuits in the hopes that I will stick with something out of a sense of obligation to anyone who may be unfortunate enough to be reading this rambling on and on and on of mine. SO, that said, here we go:

TODAY
I got a whopping 5 minutes in on our WiiFit. I had intended to play around the aerobics section for 5-10 minutes to warm up before getting into my new favourite thing, yogilates, but Little Miss cut her nap short by an hour and fifteen minutes sooooo I have yet to do yogilates. I'm planning on doing that before I head to bed, though. SOOO wonderful, and relaxing. I'm currently addicted. Took away some serious back pain I was experiencing that was hindering my running inclination from becoming a habit, and made Friday night soccer quite painful, actually.

3 comments:

Shop Girl* said...

YAY!

I'm so glad you started a blog... if you have any questions just let me know!!

Holly E. G. said...

Yeah Red! I'll read and give you some accountability...I'm working on getting in shape as well, and it's good to know there's someone else out there who's trying too. :D

Anonymous said...

OhMyGoodness I can't believe she's almost a year - time flys! Cute pics by the way. I think you look great the way you are! Perhaps I should join your "get fit" plan though, I gained 20 pounds since XMAS and had to order a new bridesmaid dress for my bros wedding! Yikes! Anyway, great blog so far, can't wait to read more!